Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Jacksonville, IL 62650
The Diet Clerk coordinates the provision of patient meals and assures compliance with each patient’s diet order.
- Minimum 2 years high school; high school graduate or equivalent preferred
- Food handler certificate
Other Knowledge/Skills/Abilities/Working Conditions-Physical Requirements & Atmosphere:
- Computer literacy with Windows based systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel desirable.
- 25 – 30 wpm typing.
- Knowledge of modified diets desirable.
- Nutritional and medical terminology desirable.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Communicate effectively.
- Read and write legibly and in English.
- Understand and follow written and verbal communications.
- Work independently, making independent decisions within departmental guidelines.
- Know when to ask for clarification.
- Work under pressure in a noisy and hot environment and accomplish multiple tasks.
- Be flexible with scheduled work hours and assignment.
- Orient and train new staff.
- Physically able to walk, stand and lift 20.#’s.
- Good manual dexterity.
- Visual and auditory acuity
- Excellent customer service skills
- May be exposed to blood and body fluids.
- Process and maintain patient diet orders
- Modify menus utilizing the diet manual.
- Adjust menus and snacks to provide patients food preferences and age specific needs
- Interview patients for food preferences.
- Work with patients and/or nursing staff to resolve tray service and/or food issues.
- Check patient tray lines
- Maintain record information
- Collect performance improvement data.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Memorial Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.