Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Springfield, IL 62781
Job LocationsUS-IL-Springfield | US-IL-Springfield
Professional and Leadership
Responsible for engineering, testing and maintaining the functionality and integrity of data pipelines and other data assets in order to make data accessible and useful for data analytics consumers throughout Memorial Health System.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, data management, information systems, information science or a related quantitative field is required. Master’s degree in these fields is preferred.
- Seven Years of Applied Data Engineering experience required in lieu of educational requirements.
- Certifications in SQL or Data Engineering (such as those offered by Microsoft or Google) preferred
- At least three years or more of work experience in data management disciplines including data integration, report writing, data quality, and/or other areas directly relevant to data engineering responsibilities and tasks.
- At least five years of experience working in cross-functional teams and collaborating with business stakeholders.
- Is a practitioner of handling large and diverse datasets, parsing and understanding the data, and then building, managing and operationalizing data pipelines. Must be able to provision datasets quickly across multiple, distributed and often diverse datasets within and outside the organizational boundaries. Has a demonstrable understanding of how to expose data from systems (for example, through APIs), link data from multiple systems and deliver streaming services. Ensures risks associated with deployment are adequately understood and documented.
- Is a practitioner of a range of coding tools and languages. Specifically must be well versed in SQL Management Studio, TSQL, Oracle SQL Developer, PL-SQL, and Postgres SQL. Must also be able to identify the applicability of, and appropriate utilize these various coding and programming. Is well versed in security, accessibility and version control.
- Will work side by side with domain experts in business groups and with data scientists and analysts to frame the business problem, integrate the needed data, and determine the best way to provision that data on demand. Will often be the primary analytics representative in cross functional value stream teams throughout the organization.
- Working experience with cloud technologies is not required, but is preferred.
- Is able to communicate effectively across organizational and technical boundaries, making complex and technical information and language simple and accessible for non-technical audiences.
- Is aware of and keeps up to date with advances in digital analytics tools and data manipulation products.
- Has working knowledge of the process and or team resources available to logs, analyze and manage problems in order to identify and implement the appropriate solution. Will execute proper escalation of critical service calls to ensure timely and appropriate resolution to system issues Ensures that the problem is fixed.
- Have an awareness of the skills and concepts required to build, populate and manage visualization and/or reporting assets. Tableau experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to consistently exercise sound judgment and initiative in all circumstances, including very stressful situations.
- Must be able to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Demonstrated skills in developing and maintaining good interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication in performing assigned duties.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff both in and outside of IT essential.
- Demonstrated dedication to a positive attitude, strong customer service support and commitment to the achievement of Memorial’s strategic goals is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results as well as a strong sense of personal accountability for results is essential to success in this position. Must be dedicated to continue learning and investigation of relevant technology improvements.
- Designing, Building, managing and optimizing data pipelines and then moving these data pipelines effectively into production.
- Collects, collates, cleanses and synthesizes data to derive meaningful and actionable insights.
- Integrates and separates data feeds in order to map, produce, transform and test new data assets.
- Develops fit for purpose, resilient, scalable and future-proof data services to meet user needs.
- Designs, writes and iterates code from prototype to production-ready.
- Designs, writes and deploys data visualization and data reporting assets.
- Troubleshoots problems and tunes for performance.
- Develops and manages data asset documentation.
- Participates in development opportunities including but not limited to quality and leadership classes as determined by manager and employee. (MHS, vendor, or scholastic provider; member of professional society).
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Memorial Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.