Food Service Associate
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Taylorville, IL 62568
Food Service Associate
Performs tasks involved with the preparation, service and sale of food items from the Food and Nutrition Department in order to provide quality food and service to patients, employees, and guests; maintains cleanliness and appearance of work area according to department standards.
High school education or GED preferred.
If applicable, must possess valid Illinois driver’s license and must be deemed as a acceptable driver in accordance with the MHS Fleet Safety Policy. (Five year MVR will be required) Must be able to operate automatic shift vehicle.
Moderate physical effort; with ability to push, pull, and lift up to 30 lbs. and stand for extended periods of time.
Knowledge of principles of food safety and sanitation.
Ability to interpret, understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
Light comprehension of computer and/or operation of cash register preferred.
Interpersonal skills to interact with coworkers, customers, medical staff, and administration staff.
Demonstrates excellent oral communication and customer relation skills.
- Prepare, replenish, and serve a variety of foods as assigned for specific venue (cafeteria, catering, or patient services).
- Transport food, supplies, and equipment as directed.
- Safely operate a variety of food service equipment which may include, not all – meat slicer, food processor, immersion blender, tomato slicer, garbage disposal, and dish machine.
- Record appropriate information on various documents (food temperature logs, production usage sheets, waste evaluation form, sanitizer test log, catering inventory sheets, deposit tapes, cash drawer verification log).
- Perform routine clerical tasks such as answering telephone and operating cash register, and money handling.
- Maintain clean, safe and sanitary area following sanitation codes and policies.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Memorial Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.