Assistant Professor of Nursing
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Romeoville, IL 60446
The Department of Nursing in the College of Nursing and Health Sciences at Lewis University, invites applications for a full-time faculty member to work collaboratively with faculty and staff to teach and facilitate continued program development and implementation of the all programs in nursing with a focus in the undergraduate program. Primary responsibilities include teaching, research/scholarship and service.
Lewis University serves a diverse student population and community and we invite applications from individuals that embody a commitment to diversity.
- Model the University Mission through dedicated job performance, service excellence to constituencies, respectful collaboration and active support of the University’s Mission and Catholic and Lasallian higher education.
- Facilitate student learning through effective teaching and evaluation of learning in assigned courses.
- Collaborate with curriculum review, development, and implementation
- Collaborate with scheduling courses, developing clinical affiliations, and student clinical learning experiences.
- Collaborate with the program directors/coordinators, faculty, staff and other university departments in securing, managing, and maintaining resources to meet program needs and to facilitate achievement desired student outcomes.
- Collaborate with others in the recruitment of faculty as needed.
- Serve as an academic advisor, mentor, and advocate for students in the programs.
- Maintain research and/or scholarship productivity.
- Provide services to the internal and external communities.
Located 25 miles southwest of Chicago, Lewis University is an innovative and forward-thinking Catholic university offering market-relevant undergraduate and graduate programs to 6,500 students. Sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, Lewis University has been nationally recognized for preparing intellectually engaged, ethically grounded, globally connected and socially responsible graduates. In addition to our main campus in Romeoville, Illinois, we have a growing number of fully on-line programs and locations in Oak Brook and Albuquerque, NM.
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. Lewis University provides tuition benefits, health plans and retirement benefits that add to your bottom line. For additional information on Lewis as an institution, please see our website at http://www.lewisu.edu.
Master’s degree in nursing with a specialty in mental health, medical/surgical and/or pediatric nursing required. Doctorate in nursing or related field Preferred. Research and statistics experiences preferred. Equivalent of minimum of two years of full-time clinical nursing experience required. Licensed to practice in the state of Illinois or eligibility for same with application in process.
For full consideration, interested applicants can view a full description of this position and apply online at http://jobs.lewisu.edu/postings/5289.
_Inspired by the University’s Mission values of Wisdom, Knowledge, Justice, Fidelity and Association, the Lewis Community declares that we are a Sanctified Zone where people are committed to working to end racism, bias and prejudice by valuing diversity in a safe and nurturing environment. Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, serves a diverse community and is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion on our campus as an equal opportunity employer.
We invite applications from individuals that embody a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are fully dedicated to providing opportunities for development of the whole person. To demonstrate this commitment, Lewis University wishes to build a culturally diverse workforce which strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans._