Production Team Member
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Batavia, IL 60510
Hentzen is a unique company in todays world. Since our inception in 1923, we have remained an independent, privately held company committed to being a leader in the development and manufacture of quality coatings through innovation, dedication and service to our customers and employees. This continual commitment has led to Hentzens recognition as a technology leader and trusted partner to our customers in the aerospace, defense and industrial markets we serve. Through nearly 100 years of innovation experience, we have developed a unique ability to custom engineer advanced coatings designed to meet each of our customers unique and challenging requirements. This innovation comes to life in our state-of-the-art facilities where our talented employees are challenged to develop coatings to solve these unique problems. If you want to join a technology leader, known for its innovation and dedication to its customers and employees, Hentzen can offer you a rewarding and challenging opportunity to learn and grow.
PRODUCTION TEAM MEMBER
First Shift (8:30am 5pm)
Batavia, IL Plant
The Production Team Member performs manufacturing tasks required to assemble product/finished goods orders for customers.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Accurately follow batch ticket instructions to make specific product.
- Assemble accurate measurements of ingredients through use of scales and gather other equipment and ingredients as needed to make specific batch.
Complete proper documentation (such as batch tickets) correctly and accurately. Enter data into computer.
- Operates mixing and milling equipment to process batch.
- Conducts color and quality control testing and makes adjustments as required.
- Operates pumps to fill product.
- Comply with all quality, safety, and work rules and regulations.
- Under supervision and with proper PPE, the employee will be required to handle hazardous materials.
Clean up and properly store equipment used. Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures.
- Cleans production vessels as required.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Preferred education level: High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred experience level: Five years experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the chemical industry with a strong preference for experience with milling machines.
- Basic math skills and the ability to convert various measurements (i.e. gallons to quarts, pints to gallons, etc.) required.
- Forklift certification strongly preferred and the ability to use a pallet jack.
- Computer skills preferred.
- Ability to communicate with others, both verbally and written.
- Willing to work in a team environment and contribute to group goals.
- Ability to receive and provide instructions in a positive manner.
- Color tinting and Quality Control experience helpful but not required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear, stand and/or walk, use hands to finger, handle or touch objects or controls and move from place to place. The employee is regularly required to sit, balance, stoop, and occasionally reach above shoulders. The employee may regularly lift and/or move up to 60 lbs.
Personal Protection Equipment is required during various processes in the production facility. Safety shoes, glasses, respirators, fire retardant uniform and ear plugs may be required when performing certain functions.
Please send resume with cover letter to:
Hentzen Coatings, Inc.
1500 Lathem St.
Batavia, IL 60510
APPLY ONLINE AT:
Women, minorities, Veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply
HENTZEN COATINGS INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview
All candidates are subject to post offer drug/alcohol screening, job related physicals, and background checks.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE