Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
ELGIN, IL 60120
To apply for this position please email your resume to Valerie.Herron@RobertHalf.com with the subject “staff accountant”.
Robert Half Finance has an opportunity for you to become a critical part of an innovative company, as a full-time Staff Accountant. A desire to rise to the challenge and the ability to manage multiple components are musts. The Staff Accountant will prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, and general ledger reconciliation. To succeed in this role, you will need to perform internal reporting during the monthly close, participate in compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules reporting processes. Located in the Elgin, Illinois area, this position is a challenging, multi-faceted opportunity to work for a company that recognizes and rewards hard work. We’re looking for people who are detail-oriented and analytical thinkers with a talent for creating Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets.
What you get to do every single day
- In-depth knowledge of reconciling month end balance sheet accounts
- Produce analyses for monthly balance sheets and income statements for reporting by management
- Manage reconciliation, depreciation, and fixed asset ledgers
- Periodically maintain and reconcile journal entries
- Prepare complex journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll
- Prepare monthly financial close workbooks to support the month end, quarter end and year end closing process
- Ad-hoc reporting and special projects, as requested
- Maintain capital lease and monthly payment schedules
- Implement, maintain, and adhere to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Partake in various department-wide initiatives
- Intercompany billings, transactions, and reconciliation
- Analyze and coordinate a variety of financial data, and report it in a useful and understandable manner
- Perform month end close, journal entries, with minimum supervision
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Distinguished analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Recent and relevant accounting experience
- Self-starter with efficient time management and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- Proficient with spreadsheets and databases
- Knowledgeable of ERP systems
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- QuickBooks experience desired
- Qualifications Bachelors Degree experience
- Competent with spreadsheets and databases
To apply for this job, please email your resume to Valerie.Herron@RobertHalf.com with the subject “staff accountant”Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professoinals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities – fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets. From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998. Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go! Contact your local office at 888.490.5461 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/finance to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $45,000.00 – $60,000.00 / Yearly
Location: ELGIN, IL
Date Posted: March 17, 2020
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 01310-0011367306
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance