Co-Coordinator, Nursing Science Lab
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Romeoville, IL 60446
The College of Nursing and Health Sciences invites applications for a part-time Co-Coordinator of the Nursing Science Lab to provide quality support services as needed within the Nursing Science Labs to all nursing students and faculty.
Lewis University serves a diverse student population and community and we invite applications from individuals that embody a commitment to diversity.
- Assists with developing and maintaining procedures for: cleaning, storing and maintaining all clinical lab equipment; updating inventory of all clinical lab equipment and supplies; borrowing and returning of lab equipment. Responsible for running and care of simulators.
- Assists with training and supervising graduate assistants in equipment preparation, maintenance, disinfection and cleaning, inventory, retrieval, and storage.
- Communicates and maintains regular hours of student clinical skill practice with graduate assistants.
- Communicates with lead instructors of all clinical pre-licensure courses and the Advanced Health Assessment course in Nurse Practitioner Program to identify needs.
- Collaborates with program directors/coordinators and faculty to develop and submit lab equipment requests based on anticipated need of all nursing programs.
- Assists with delivering concise reports of lab activity at all program meetings as requested.
- Assists with completing yearly budget and inventory for each academic year. Orders and stores supplies.
- Assists with developing and submitting written report of outcomes of all position responsibilities at the end of each academic year.
Located 25 miles southwest of Chicago, Lewis University is an innovative and forward-thinking Catholic university offering market-relevant undergraduate and graduate programs to 6,500 students. Sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, Lewis University has been nationally recognized for preparing intellectually engaged, ethically grounded, globally connected and socially responsible graduates. In addition to our main campus in Romeoville, Illinois, we have a growing number of fully on-line programs and locations in Oak Brook and Albuquerque, NM.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including generous health care benefits, tuition reimbursement for self, spouse and qualifying dependents, as well as 403(b) retirement plan options. For additional information on Lewis as an institution, please see our website at http://www.lewisu.edu.
A BSN required, MSN preferred. The equivalent of two years of full time, current clinical nursing experience is required. Previous experience with simulated manikins or interest in professional development to increase knowledge of computerized simulation in the lab. Licensure as a registered professional nurse in the state of Illinois or eligibility for it with the application in process is required.
For full consideration, interested applicants can view a full description of this position and apply online at http://jobs.lewisu.du/postings/5295.
_Inspired by the University’s Mission values of Wisdom, Knowledge, Justice, Fidelity and Association, the Lewis Community declares that we are a Sanctified Zone where people are committed to working to end racism, bias and prejudice by valuing diversity in a safe and nurturing environment. Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, serves a diverse community and is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion on our campus as an equal opportunity employer.
We invite applications from individuals that embody a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are fully dedicated to providing opportunities for development of the whole person. To demonstrate this commitment, Lewis University wishes to build a culturally diverse workforce which strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans.