Physician Assistant, General Surgery, 40hrs, DAY, HP
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Highland Park, IL 60035
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a premier integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the United States. Headquartered in Evanston, Ill., NorthShore was the first health system in Illinois to achieve Magnet® recognition-the highest, most prestigious honor that demonstrates excellence in nursing and high standards in patient care-something only achieved by 6% of hospitals nationwide. The system earned Magnet redesignation in 2015. NorthShore is comprised of four hospitals – Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park and Skokie. The system includes a 950 physician multispecialty group practice with 130 locations across Chicagoland. When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
We are currently seeking a Physician Assistant for our General Surgery Department located at Highland Park Hospital in Highland Park, IL. This is a full-time position (40hrs/wk) and is benefits eligible. Hours will be scheduled on the DAY shift, (Monday through Friday, 7:00AM – 3:00PM), with four 10-hour weekdays with variable shifts between 7:00AM and 7:00PM, approximately 1-2 weekend days per month, and 2 holidays per year. This position will require to be on-call for 1-2 weekend days per month.
In this role, you will:
- Provide comprehensive health care services under the direction and supervision of an assigned physician
- Evaluate, diagnose, and provide treatment to patients specific to their area of expertise
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing and wound care, and managing infection
- Performs independent evaluation and treatment procedures in emergency situations in accordance with policies established
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Current Physician Assistant license in the state of IL required
- DEA and Illinois Controlled Substance License required
- Bachelors degree required; Masters degree preferred
- BLS/CPR certification required
- One year of Physician Assistant experience preferred
Please explore our website (www.northshore.org) to better understand how NorthShore delivers on its mission “to preserve and improve human life” through superior clinical care, academic excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
Job: Physician Assistant
Organization: Highland Park Hospital
Title: Physician Assistant, General Surgery, 40hrs, DAY, HP
Location: IL-Highland Park
Requisition ID: 71241