Lead CNC Machinist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Oakbrook, IL 60523
• Reads and interprets setup procedures, control settings and production methods.
• Select and load program to the machine from program database.
• Set up equipment, install tools and fixtures, make machine control settings, run first piece sample parts, check for required specifications and train operators to run the job.
• Set and adjust machine in order to produce parts according to work instructions
• Inspect product per work instructions using inspection equipment and following inspection procedures/instructions.
• Monitors machine and machine operation to detect malfunctions.
• Perform preventive maintenance of machines, as assigned by management.
• Communicate any issues/errors with Cell Lead or Supervisor to resolve problems.
• Lead both formal and informal training to develop all operators.
• Troubleshoot problems, respond to alarms, retrace program to locate problem and make necessary corrections.
• Be a “go-to” person to get work accomplished