2020 Seasonal Groundskeeper (non-CMV, driving position)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Brookfield, IL 60513
Multiple Openings! Pay rate $12.00 per hour! Typical 40 hour per week schedule! Minimum 18 years of age. Valid driver’s license required at time of application. This position contributes to the success of the Chicago Zoological Society by performing routine and standard Grounds duties and functions, such as park clean-up, paper picking, lawn mowing, waste removal, mulching, etc., with supervision in accordance with routine operating procedures in order to meet operating needs and to contribute to the cleanliness, beauty, and aesthetics of the park to meet operating needs and provide an exceptional guest experience.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs general park cleaning duties as directed by supervisor, including collection of garbage and recyclable materials, grounds clean up, paper picking, and/or washing garbage cans.
• Assists in horticultural tasks as directed, including mowing lawns, watering, weeding, mulching, planting, and other horticultural duties as assigned.
• Assists in grounds maintenance tasks including sweeping, raking; blowing; paper picking; repair of sentinels, seating benches and other small repairs as assigned; cleaning out drain inlets and moats; mulching pathways; patching roads; and/or other maintenance tasks as assigned.
• Properly operates and maintains assigned equipment including lawn mowers, blowers, weed whips, small tractors, pick-up and dump trucks, hand tools, and other equipment as required.
• Observes standard safety procedures and the use of safety equipment. Inspects work areas for safety hazards and reports such to supervisor.
• Works cooperatively with others to achieve departmental and Society goals. Advises supervisor of client needs. Attends meetings as assigned.
• Informs and assists guests in a courteous and welcoming manner. Maintains an awareness of park schedules and activities in order to provide information to the public as necessary.
• Assures work, equipment, work areas, and self-represent the Society in a safe, clean, professional and orderly manner at all times.
• Other related duties as assigned.