Mechanical Design Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
Broetje Automation is the world?s leading expert & OEM in aircraft manufacturing automation and robotics, working with the top names in the aerospace industry. Worldwide locations include Germany, USA, France, United Kingdom, Russia, China, and Japan. US locations include Buffalo (NY), Chicago (IL), Charleston (SC), Savannah (GA), Wichita (KS), Detroit (MI), Mobile (AL), and Seattle (WA).
Education & Experience: BS in Mechanical Engineering with 5+ years in industrial automation industry or equivalent experience. Proven mechanical design from concept to finished product in the automation industry using CATIA is a must.
1. B.S. degree in mechanical engineering or related science, or equivalent.
2. Minimum of 5 years of experience in designing or building machine tools, custom machines, or equivalent. Machines designed must have incorporating multiple axis?s and complex motions.
3. Demonstrates basic understanding of machine build and commissioning process, operator ergonomics and designing for manufacturing.
4. Demonstrates technical mathematics abilities to perform engineering calculations and analysis during design creation and testing. Can perform an FEA analysis and load calculations, understand robot theory and kinematics.
5. Demonstrates written and verbal communication skills to clearly document technical information (e.g., machine specifications and operating instructions), clarify unclear issues, and maintain detail accuracy.
6. Demonstrates ability to work in a team and has the organizational skills to efficiently plan and complete work details.
7. Demonstrates broad understanding of production processes (metal forming and assembly techniques) with the ability to problem-solve moderately complex issues.
8. Demonstrates proficiency in the use of design software to create complex drawings and models
9. Demonstrates ability to identify and mitigate risk early in the design process.
10. Demonstrates in-depth understanding of machine design & build with general understanding of controls systems as well as production and product launch techniques.
11. Demonstrates ability to successfully manage complex projects and meet cost, quality and delivery expectations.
12. Demonstrates proficiency in CATIA
13. Demonstrates the ability to write/revise standards and procedures
14. Strong understanding of Pneumatic, Hydraulic, Electrical and Mechanical systems
15. Size mechanical equipment such as motors, gears, actuators, hydraulics, conveyors and piping.
16. Review bid specifications, detailed drawings, technical manuals and bill of materials.
17. Provide production and customer support.
18. Little to no travel required
+ Competitive compensation
+ 401(k) company match
+ 100% paid healthcare coverage of premiums (medical, dental, vision)
+ Disability plan & group life insurance program
+ Three weeks Paid Time Off (PTO) plus ten paid holidays
+ Tuition reimbursement program
www.broetje-automation.com and www.youtube.com/user/BROETJEAutomation