Sr. Accountant, Cash
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lombard, IL 60148
This role handles essential tasks, such as financial statement preparation and consolidation, account analysis and reconciliations, cash flow analysis, budgets and forecasting, audit preparation, and internal control maintenance and regulatory reporting. To be successful, candidates need to be highly adept at analytics and working in challenging, fast-paced environments. In addition to excellent compensation and benefits, the company offers the opporunity to advance.
To apply to this Sr. Accountant, Cash role, please send your resume to John Sadofsky (john.sadofsky “AT” roberthalf.com)
What you get to do every single day
- Analyze financial information and report on financial results (trends, performance metrics, benchmarks)
- Complete monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables that includes journal entries, reconciliations, and reports in the compensation area in compliance with GAAP
- Prepare Balance Sheet account reconciliations
- Produce monthly consolidated P&L and Balance Sheet flux analysis for management purposes
- Aid in coordinating quarterly reviews and testing with internal and external auditors
- Engage in various department-wide initiatives
- Commitment to continuously improve the automation of the accounting and reporting process
- Manage Ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Uphold company standards when working with business partners to ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls; while also providing support on special requests when required
- SOX internal control assessments (Section 404) experience
- 3-5 years of overall general accounting experience, ideally with Big 4 experience
- Must have excellent time management skills
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
- Commitment and abilities to meet critical business deadlines
- ERP system experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- BA/BS in Accounting, CPA credentials are preferred
- Understanding of corporate performance management (CPM) and business intelligence systems required
- Extraordinary analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Self-driven motivator who takes initiative on projects with a strong ability to understand and solve creative challenges
- Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment a plus
- Prior experience in a public accounting environment is highly valued
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities – fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at 888.490.5461 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/finance to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Location: Lombard, IL
Date Posted: August 27, 2020
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 01300-0011428883
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance