Statistician 1 - Rush Alzheimer's Disease Center
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60684
Statistician 1 – Rush Alzheimer’s Disease Center
Active Regular FT (72 to 80 hours per pay period)
At Rush University Medical Center, we are committed to advancing scientific medical knowledge through research. We are revitalizing our medical centers with an emphasis on productivity, transparency and accountability. Are you looking to be a part of the exciting, always evolving and expanding new developments in research here at Rush University Medical Center? Are you well experienced in working with a variety of group, single and industry oriented studies?
If this describes you, you may be the right candidate for the Statistician 1 position with the Rush Alzheimer’s Disease Center.
Position Highlights : Under the direction of the Supervising Statistician the Statistician I will be responsible for performing basic analyses of research data from Rush Alzheimer’s Disease Center (RADC) research studies. Exemplifies the Rush mission, vision and values and acts in accordance with Rush policies and procedures.
Position Responsibilities :
1. Under direction of Supervising Statistician, write and run programs in SAS and S-Plus to provide descriptive summaries of database files, including frequencies, lists, and plots; examine data to track down potential data inconsistencies.
2. Write and run programs in SAS and S-Plus to carry out statistical analyses of biomedical data including categorical data, generalized linear models, longitudinal data, censored failure time data, nonparametric and parametric tests, and graphical analyses.
3. Prepare clear and written output of basic analyses for other research faculty and staff.
4. Under general supervision of Supervising Statistician, document basic datasets, programs and output clearly to permit their checking and use by other biostatistics personnel.
5. Continually learn to use and apply new statistical techniques necessary to meet the demands of funded studies.
6. Participate in meetings of Biostatistics section.
Position Qualifications Include :
+ Master’s degree in statistics or biostatistics required.
+ 1 to 2 years of work experience performing statistical analysis of biomedical or social science data is desirable.
Skills & Abilities:
+ Ability to write and run programs in SAS or R required.
+ Competence in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
+ Good written and oral communication skills.
+ Attention to detail required.
+ Basic statistical programming skills required.
+ Ability to function in a team environment essential.
+ Must be able to prioritize workload and be self-directed.
+ Ability to handle multiple projects required.
Company Highlights :
+ Rush was recently ranked first for Quality and Accountability among US academic medical centers in a study conducted by the health care performance improvement company Vizient.
+ The Association for the Accreditation of Human Research Protection Programs (AAHRPP) has awarded Rush full accreditation for three years. Rush is one of the first academic medical centers in Illinois to receive this accreditation.
+ As an academic medical center, Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois, is committed to advancing medical knowledge through research. Investigators at Rush are involved in more than 1,600 projects, including hundreds of clinical studies to test the effectiveness and safety of new therapies and medical devices, as well as to expand scientific and medical knowledge.
+ RUMC offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits & the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development & recognizes your achievements.
+ Rush University is home to one of the first medical colleges in the Midwest and one of the nation’s top-ranked nursing colleges, as well as graduate programs in allied health, health systems management and biomedical research.
Rush is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.