CNC Machinist (Computer Numerically Controlled Machinist)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
St. Louis, MO 63143
Sunnen Products Company was founded in 1924 by Joseph Sunnen. Since then, Sunnen Products Company has been a global leader in the manufacturing and distribution of bore sizing and finishing equipment, engine rebuilding equipment, and tooling and abrasives. As the leading global manufacturer of precision honing equipment and related accessories, Sunnen Products Company provides excellent employment opportunities for those in search of a challenging and rewarding career. We pride ourselves on our quality products, exceptional customer service and highly valued employees.
Sunnen is an equal opportunity employer and provides a friendly, family-oriented atmosphere. Sunnen maintains a high retention rate. About 60 percent of our employees have 10-plus years of service while 25 percent have 25-plus years of service. Currently, our average length of service is more than 15 years.
Perform the duties required to operate various machines, including manual and N/C equipment, to finish parts or prepare for next operation. Work from blueprints, part prints, drawings and verbal instructions.
• FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
• Obtain and review work order, part print and setup sheets to determine machine setup, production methods and sequence of operation, as well as materials and tools required.
• Select, position, and secure dies, tooling, and fixtures onto machine using rule, square, shims, templates, hand tools, and built-in-gauges.
• Position and clamp stops, guides, tracks, fixtures and turntables.
• Load part into machine and secure with clamps for machining.
• Adjust controls to set and regulate machining factors, such as heat setting, wire speed, pressure, side rails, progression, depth of ram stroke, adjustment rolls, chuck, jaws, machine feeds and speeds, gearing and pins, perform tool offset as needed according to type of material used and written guidelines.
• Operate machinery and inspect parts to insure parts being produced retain tolerance, square-ness, concentricity, parallelism and finish; move materials as necessary in the performance of duties.
• Deburr parts using hand or air files, deburring machine, belt sander or grinding wheel to insure smooth surface of part produced.
• Troubleshoot production problems to include adjusting and replacing dull or damaged tooling and fixtures.
• Perform preventive maintenance to maintain and lubricate machine tools and equipment.
• Complete paperwork regarding production time, inventory, and location of parts and enter into database system.
• Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to proper supervision.
• Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition; follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
• Transports waste from process container to waste container.
• Follow all safety rules designated for the company and department.
• Practice 6S housekeeping rules on a daily basis and maintain cleanliness throughout the department and in your work area.
• Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits – effective day one
• 401K with 3% match
• Life insurance and Short Term Disability – 100% company paid
• Plant Medical – Nurse on-site Monday through Friday. SSM physician and Chiropractor every week providing free services for employees.
• 13 Paid Holidays, paid vacation
• Access to Sunnen Lake (Potosi, MO) – a private owned lake for Sunnen employees adjacent to the YMCA of the Ozarks. There are cabins, campgrounds, fishing, kayaking, playgrounds, and much more all at no cost to employees!
• Tuition Reimbursement – $5,250/year