Cell Operator - Abrasives Press to Size
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
St. Louis, MO 63143
Sunnen Products Company was founded in 1924 by Joseph Sunnen. Since then, Sunnen Products Company has been a global leader in the manufacturing and distribution of bore sizing and finishing equipment, engine rebuilding equipment, and tooling and abrasives. As the leading global manufacturer of precision honing equipment and related accessories, Sunnen Products Company provides excellent employment opportunities for those in search of a challenging and rewarding career. We pride ourselves on our quality products, exceptional customer service and highly valued employees.
Sunnen is an equal opportunity employer and provides a friendly, family-oriented atmosphere. Sunnen maintains a high retention rate. About 60 percent of our employees have 10-plus years of service while 25 percent have 25-plus years of service. Currently, our average length of service is more than 15 years.
Perform duties to set-up and operate machines to fabricate, cut and assemble stone products to close tolerances.
• FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
• Essential Functions:
• Prepare raw materials, to include selecting, weighing and/or mixing bond, grit type and other elements required according to specifications; assemble tooling and set-up press to fabricate stones.
• Clean and inspect stones for size and cosmetic quality.
• Label part containers and separate non-conforming parts.
• Set-up sandblaster or other equipment to manufacture stone and holder to size; inspect for cosmetic and dimensional quality.
• Select and prepare assembly materials; assemble stones into holders; clean and inspect for cosmetic and dimensional quality.
• Prepare components for shipment; mark stones and packing list with part number, description, quantity, date and shop order number.
• Notify Cell Leader of tooling and supplies needed.
• Comply with safety rules and regulations; keep work area in a neat and orderly fashion.
• Comply with revisions from time to time after mutual consultation.
• Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits – effective day one
• 401K with 3% match
• Life insurance and Short Term Disability – 100% company paid
• Plant Medical – Nurse on-site Monday through Friday. SSM physician and Chiropractor every week providing free services for employees.
• 13 Paid Holidays, paid vacation
• Access to Sunnen Lake (Potosi, MO) – a private owned lake for Sunnen employees adjacent to the YMCA of the Ozarks. There are cabins, campgrounds, fishing, kayaking, playgrounds, and much more all at no cost to employees!
• Tuition Reimbursement – $5,250/year