Over the Road Driver (OTR Driver)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Springfield , IL 62703
Sick of empty promises at your current carrier?
Curious why 10,000+ other drivers choose Orange?
• Over 5,000 drivers who’ve driven over 1 million
consecutive miles safely in company history.
• Higher pay based on your experience and upgraded
• Schneiderjobs.com resource center for experienced
drivers — in-depth look at benefits, experienced
orientation and driving opportunities.
Need something new but not sure about your next step?
Recent driving school grad or about to get your CDL?
• $7,000 driving school tuition reimbursement
($200/month – or $400/month for Team drivers!)
available to drivers who start within 12 months of
graduation and other school payment options.
• Schneiderjobs.com resource center for
inexperienced drivers — benefits of becoming a
truck driver, how to become one, first year as a driver and more!
TOP NOTCH PAY
Multiple driver pay increases
We introduced multiple driver pay increases — with mileage rates up as much as $.10 per
mile the last few years. Many drivers are now surpassing $80,000 per year.
Automatic raises and enhanced performance pay
Get more pay automatically with annual pay raises, plus up to three raises in your first
12 months. Also, get the potential for up to $.04 per mile added to your weekly paycheck
through performance pay.
A leading 401(k) plan with company match
Get a better job now and a better retirement later with a 401(k) plan (Roth, pre-tax or
combination) consistently a step above the competition. Join the plan right away, with
match starting after only 3 months (industry average 1 year). Schneider will match $0.50
for each $1 of the first 6% of your contribution.
Unlimited driver referral bonuses
Earn a bonus up to $2,000 for each company driver or owner-operator you refer who joins
Schneider – driving school classmates, team partners, relatives and friends. Plus, there’s
no cap on how many you can refer!
Advantage Club loyalty program
At your five-year anniversary, receive a special membership card for exclusive discounts
at company stores/cafes and automatic prize entry for driver giveaways (e.g., iPads,
tickets to sporting events).
Comprehensive medical benefits
• Health plan with medical and prescription coverage, additional Health
Reimbursement Account and premium reduction incentives.
• Dental plan with standard preventive care covered 100%, plus coverage for
basic and major restorative care.
• Vision plan with allowance for prescription glasses and contacts.
• Flexible spending account opportunity to set aside pre-tax money for healthrelated
Passenger program for friends over 18 years old or immediate family over 10, discount
programs to save big through hundreds of companies, increasing paid time off the longer
you stay, milestone awards and so much more!
Over-the-Road – travel the country with longer lengths of haul
Team, Solo, Van Truckload, Dedicated, Tanker
Regional – stay close to home and get the miles you want
Solo, Van Truckload, Dedicated, Intermodal, Tanker
Local – get home daily, plus hourly and load pay options
Solo, Dedicated, Intermodal, Tanker
Part-time – choose the days and hours that work for you
Sole, Van Truckload, Dedicated
Van Truckload opportunities
• Team – up to $88,000/year each covering 5,000-6,000 miles/week.
• Solo – freedom to the fullest with Regional, Over-the-Road or Part-time
• Regional – high mileage + more home time staying closer.
• Over-the-Road – average 2,500 miles/week with dozens of home time
• Part-time – a great combination of our stability and the flexibility you need.
• Team – time-sensitive, high-value freight = premium lanes, max money.
• Solo – extensive variety of customer types to choose from and total freedom.
• Tanker – specialized liquid freight means higher pay potential.
• Over-the-Road – National Dedicated Fleet (support start-ups and surge) or
Jet-Set (fly in to haul for a customer not near you).
• Regional – optimal balance between miles and earning power, many
• Local – get home daily delivering within a few hundred miles.
• Part-time – schedule varies by customer, but always top-notch home time.
• Solo – all Intermodal jobs are Solo jobs —
giving you total freedom.
• Tanker – an industry first combining Intermodal
and Tanker; higher earning power.
• Regional – up to $83,000 per year, blending
mileage and load pay.
• Local – unbeatable home time staying near the rail hubs.
• Solo – enjoy the freedom and independence you crave with even more
• Dedicated – haul liquid loads for one primary customer, adding consistency.
• Intermodal – the industry’s first combo with Intermodal and Tanker; more
• Over-the-Road – long-haul routes to keep mile-hungry drivers happy.
• Regional – shorter lengths of haul and closer to home.**