Respiratory Therapist, Highland Park
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Highland Park, IL 60035
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a premier integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the United States. Headquartered in Evanston, Ill., NorthShore is a non-for-profit organization comprised of four hospitals – Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park and Skokie. The system includes a 950 physician multispecialty group practice with 130 locations across Chicagoland. NorthShore has annual revenues of $2.1 billion and employs more than 10,500 people. When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
We are currently seeking a Respiratory Therapist for our Respiratory Therapy Department located at Highland Park Hospital in Highland Park, IL. This is a resource position and is limited benefits eligible. Hours will be scheduled on the Day shift (7a-3:30p) although shifts may vary. Must be flexible to float to all NorthShore sites.
In this role, you will:
- Provide respiratory therapy to neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients as ordered by physicians according hospital policy and procedures
- Assess patients to determine most suitable method of administering treatment
- Document treatment, equipment maintenance and quality control activities and transcribe verbal or phone order by physicians
- Communicate to patient and family the treatment being performed in a clear manner
- Monitor patient physiological response to therapy with special attention to the pediatric and neonatal patients
- Provide patient and staff education
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Graduate of an American Medical Association (AMA) approved school of respiratory therapy required
- Licensed by the State of Illinois as a Respiratory Care Practitioner required
- CPR certification required
- 6 months experience in a health care setting preferred; 1 year of adult critical care experience, neonatal or adult, preferred
Please explore our website (www.northshore.org) to better understand how NorthShore delivers on its mission “to preserve and improve human life” through superior clinical care, academic excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
Organization: Highland Park Hospital
Title: Respiratory Therapist, Highland Park
Location: IL-Highland Park
Requisition ID: 71655