Help Desk Support Analyst
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tinley Park , IL 60477
Job Opening Announcement
Help Desk Support Technician
Come join our growing IT department! We are looking for a professional who will serve as the first line of support for the companys IT issues. The ideal candidate will have a variety of experience supporting all level of end users.
What youll do:
- Assist in-house and remote users with various IT support requests, both hardware and software related.
Support all end-user devices, such as PCs, laptops, phones, mobile devices, and printers.
- Document and track technical problems to ensure timely resolution and prevent the reoccurrence of end user issues.
- Perform computer reimaging, including formatting hard drives, reinstalling operating systems, applying updates, and installing drivers to meet department specifications.
- Perform software and hardware installations and maintenance.
- Train end users as necessary on proper use of IT software and equipment.
- Research potential software solutions as needed.
- Review and maintain inventory of IT assets.
What youll bring:
Formal IT education required. Associates or Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field preferred, however, completed IT Certifications relevant to the position will also be considered.
Three or more years of general IT experience required.
- Must have hands-on experience with computer hardware and components, including troubleshooting and parts replacement.
Experience with Windows based operating systems, along with a broad range of software applications required.
- Excellent problem solving and analytic skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
Ability to communicate with all levels of end users with varying levels of computer proficiency.
What its like to work here:
At Goodheart-Willcox Publisher, you will be working in a professional environment, supported by a passionate and energetic team that is invested in your growth and success. This is your chance to join an established employee-owned company that has been publishing for the Career and Technical Education field since 1921. Driven by the mission We Build Careers, you will help educators implement and access our premier instructional materials, which helps students find and keep great careers, all while growing your own. Goodheart-Willcox has spent nearly a century building a culture that we are proud of. Our team members embody these core values:
Roll up your sleeves
Do the right thing
Goodheart-Willcox Publisher provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, ancestry and marital status, and other protected classes, in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
In addition, Goodheart-Willcox Publisher complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination of employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
For consideration, please apply by sending your resume and cover letter.
Goodheart-Willcox is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time