QA / Test Engineer - JR
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60601
Computer Aid, Inc
It is the policy of Computer Aid, Inc.(CAI) not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of CAI to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.
Employees and applicants of CAI will not be subject to harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited.
Ref No: 20-00467
Jr – QA/Test Engineer
In 2013, Computer Aid, Inc. (CAI) launched their Autism 2Work Program with a strategic mission of helping the underemployment of many affected with ASD (Autism Spectrum) that are looking for opportunities where they can do more, learn more and develop a career in Information Technology.
This position is responsible for QA, software testing, managing; creating and editing tests scripts, utilizing automation tools, scripting development, scripting execution, and scripting troubleshooting; using standard development frameworks.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work in a paired programming collaborative environment, contributing to agile / scrum meetings amongst associated teams.
- Develop code utilizing test-driven development
- Participates in estimating Test Automation effort
- Participates in maintaining, and managing test automation frameworks
- Participates in creating and executing automation tests scripts
- Participates in developing and maintaining Web-Application, API (Web-services/DB), legacy, and standalone desktop based application automation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- 1 year of QA, software testing – Agile/Scrum environment
- Minimum of 6 months experience in varied platform programming and software development which can include coursework experience from an accredited university
- Problem solving /analytical thinking
- Creative thinking
- Ability to execute
- Interest and career path to software development
- Java development exp., which can include coursework experience from an accredited university
- Some knowledge of scripting languages (BASH / PERL / PYTHON / RUBY).
- Some knowledge of application / product feature design.
- Some knowledge of web technologies (HTML/CSS/Java/ASP.Net/PHP/Ruby/C#).
- Some knowledge of Client LoadRunner, QualityCenter, Jira, QTEST and other testing tools.
- Some knowledge of web technologies – HTML/CSS/Java/ASP.Net/PHP/Ruby/C#.
- Some knowledge of scripting languages – BASH / PERL / PYTHON / RUBY.
- Some knowledge of traditional app technology – C++, COBOL, Perl, SAP, etc.
- Development in test automation tools.
- System performance management.
- Desire and interest in continued learning QA / software development
- Ability to disclose diagnosis of Autism (ASD)
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA and other federal, state and local standards
- Sedentary work that involves sitting or remaining stationary most of the time with occasional need to move around the office to attend meetings, etc.
- Ability to conduct repetitive tasks on a computer, utilizing a mouse, keyboard and monitor
If you are interested in this position, please apply using the "Apply " option. If you have questions, or would like to speak with a Recruiter directly, send an email to the contact person below and note the job identification number in the subject line.
Outreach and Development Specialist
www.cai.io – http://www.cai.io/
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/z46rp4djzmbkxx66