Behavioral Health Associate III
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lemont, IL 60439
· Bachelor’s Degree – Human Services, Psychology, Social Work or related field.
· One or more years’ experience working with the specific population of the facility preferred.
· 6 months experience performing the duties of a BHA2 preferred.
· Ensure the well being of patients and provide a positive, supportive and structured environment, under direction of charge nurse or supervisor.
· Patient safety is addressed through required rounds completed timely. Patient room is clean and uncluttered. Observation may be assigned every 15 minutes, within reach of patient and/or 1:1 patient care.
· Obtain patient’s vital signs, height and weight as assigned. Ensure documentation of information.
· Identify self to patient and visitors promptly and respond to patient requests quickly.
· Engage with patient in activities and interactions designed to encourage achievement of treatment goals.
· Respond to distressed patient in a non-threatening manner and attempt to understand the source of distress.
· Applies de-escalation techniques to help manage patient’s emotions, behavior and participation in treatment and assist with seclusion and restraint when necessary.
· As part of the multidisciplinary team provide safety and increase coping skills of patient and assist in developing strategies for helping patients to be as independent as possible.
· Collaborate with other staff in working with the population of the facility to treat, rehabilitate and return patient to the community.
· Monitor behavioral improvements and reinforce these behaviors. Report changes and responses to treatment by communicating with team. Significant changes are reported to nurse immediately.
· Reinforce skills patients learn from nurses, physicians, therapist that promote improved physical and mental wellness.
· Lead or co-lead individual or group sessions as part of specific recreational or therapeutic procedures.
· May participate in rehabilitation and treatment programs as well as teach strategies to promote patient wellness and independence.
· May oversee or assist patients with activities of daily living, including toileting, bathing, dressing, grooming, oral hygiene, meals, snacks, hydration and changing bed linens.
· Deliver care based on the priority of needs and available resources to the specific service population of the facility.
· May help with admissions and discharges.
· Assist in providing guidance and direction to other staff members, including training of new staff.
· May provide transportation for patient or coordinate transportation with appropriate staff member.
· Quality of work exhibited through accuracy, neatness, and timeliness of work completed.
· Adherence to work schedule and overall attendance.
· Demonstrate a positive, empathetic and professional attitude towards customers always. When patient needs are not met, acknowledge and work to resolve complaints. Recognize that patient safety is a top priority.
+ Bachelors or better in Psychology
+ 1 year: · One or more years’ experience working with the specific population of the facility preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or © consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35©