Principal Security Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Westchester, IL 60154
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Who are we?
Oracle Analytics organization plays a critical role in delivering and supporting best-of-breed cloud solutions to Oracle customers.
The Service Excellence team at Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) is on the verge of transforming the development paradigms at the 42 year old software giant. With the world moving towards the Cloud, Oracle is at the forefront with tremendous portfolio of Cloud offerings.
However, this transformation happens not just at the product level, but also the process of developing, deploying, and operating these products in the Cloud. Using a combination of cutting-edge technologies, continuous process improvements and innovative business transformation methodologies, a small group of us are blazing the trail on the Service Excellence philosophy.
A unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing world-class organization, working in the Oracle Analytics Security team tasked with enabling Oracle s large-scale business to seamlessly operate in multiple Cloud Environments. This mission is achieved by helping the Oracle Analytics lines of business scale up and out and meet regulatory demands in global markets.
To help combat emerging threats, Oracle employs an innovative Assume Breach strategy and leverages highly specialized groups of security experts to strengthen threat detection, response and defense for its enterprise cloud services.
Role & Responsibilities
We’re looking for hands-on Security and cloud expertise with passion in identifying and exploiting complex Security problems in distributed, multi-tenant services and infrastructure. Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service. We operate distributed systems at a high scale, worldwide. These are the foundation of our cloud environments. Our customers run their businesses on our cloud, and our mission is to provide them with a best-in-class and ever-expanding set of cloud-based services from Oracle Analytics.
Within Oracle Analytics Service Excellence org, our Security team conducts penetration testing, vulnerability discovery / security engineering / Application Security, security reviews, research, and serves as red team. We ensure the security of software and hardware that run our cloud services strive to continuously improve our security stance.
These are exciting times in our space. We are growing fast, still at an early stage and working on ambitious new initiatives. A security-focused engineer at any level can have significant technical and business impact. Come shape the future of one of the largest cloud services on earth with us.
Some of our people have qualifications like the ones listed below. Our ideal candidate is passionate about security and furthering their knowledge every day. You enjoy diving into complex source code audits to reveal subtle security vulnerabilities, writing new tools such as fuzzers in languages such as Python, Go or Java, tearing apart an undocumented file format or network protocol and coming up with novel techniques to solve unique and interesting security problems. We hope you like working at scale as much as we do much as we do, because Oracle has no shortage of it.
The candidate must have knowledge and experience with:
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) and/or AWS, Azure, or GCP compute, storage, and network operational experience.
- Methodical approaches to troubleshooting and solving complex technical problems
- Issue tracking and collaboration (Jira and Confluence).
- Producing documentation in support of developed work (KBs, run books, help guides).
- Linux/Unix system administration including system level knowledge of Linux on OCI Gen 2, creating and executing scripts.
- Networking and TCP/IP fundamentals.
- Utilizing agile methodologies.
- Working with remote, global teams as well as individuals.
- Ability to effectively assess and communicate risks and appropriate levels of urgency to management and engineering staff as we as team environment
- Working independently and in a self-directed manner.
- 6 years of experience in Security engineering / application / penetration / vulnerabilities
- Strong application/product/software security background
- Vulnerability discovery across Cloud services
- Extensive research or experience with multiple classes of security bugs
- Emergent threat testing
- Understand internet networking services, such as DNS, HTTP, etc.
- Programming and scripting languages (Python, Java, bash are our preferred)
- Using Ci/CD scripting tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
- Containers and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Oracle Database, MySQL or other RDBMS.
Top 3 skill sets / technologies in the ideal candidate:
- Demonstrated competence in managing large scale cloud computing projects
- Advanced software project documentation skills
- Strong sense of ownership, accountability and drive
Oracle is an equal opportunity employer. OCI empowers a diverse team, and we strive to involve as many perspectives as possible in our innovation process. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job: Product Development
Title: Principal Security Engineer
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 20000E5H