Senior Software Developer, MME/SGSN R&D
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Naperville, IL 60540
Senior Software Developer, MME/SGSN R&D
??Naperville, Illinois, United States
ION IP Optical Networks
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Business Group Description:
CLOUD MOBILITY MANAGER SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
Wireless operators are facing radical changes in their wireless packet core requirements. Therefore, most operators globally are currently investigating new packet core solutions and selecting vendors for the next generation of wireless packet core products. To be successful in the renewed wireless packet core market, Nokia must deliver a converged packet core solution which addresses both evolution scenarios: 5G, 4G overlay today with future 2G/3G consolidation, or 2G/3G renewal today with future evolution to 4G on the same platforms. The Cloud Mobility Manager (CMM) product combines the AMF (5G), MME (4G) and SGSN (2G/3G) functions.
The IP Division – Cloud Mobility Manager Development Department is looking for Software Developers who will design and further develop the CMM. You will be part of the IP (Internet Protocol) division, working in a very talented team and in a technically challenging and stimulating environment. The positions will be located in Naperville, IL.
You will need to:
- be able to gain a lot of complex knowledge in a short time frame as you need to become an expert in a number of specific areas and develop an overall understanding of the entire WMM product,
- keep abreast of 4G evolution in the industry,
- understand the challenges of a SMP (Symmetric Multiprocessing) operating environment based on x86 multi-core processors,
- be expert at programming in C/C++
- be versatile in assignments spanning feature development, lab tools, software development environment tools
- be able to cope with the responsibility of delivering the feature you committed to
- have demonstrated excellent technical skills: must work well across organizational boundaries in resolving varied technical issues that are not always well defined
- keep in mind the customer’s point of view.
Experience in the following areas is required:- Knowledge (and experience if possible) of 3GPP standards
- Experience in Telecommunications or IT industries not less than 5 years.
- Experience in two or more of the following areas is required: Cloud Development, MME development experience, AMF development experience or RNC development experience. Experience with the 3GPP (Gn, Gr, SV, N22, nNRF …) standards
- Knowledge of modern telecommunications protocols and technologies in UNIX Operating System, GSM, CDMA, UMTS, IP networks and SQL.
- Flexible attitude, persistent team player.
- Flexibility to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing to travel across country and abroad.
- Proven aptitude for methodical problem solving, good communication skills, strong attention to detail, and ability to work well in a close-knit team
- Prior experience in networking is a plus.
- MSCS/EE/ECE degree
Required:Candidates shall have completed their bachelors/masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Information Technology (with focus Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning),
Python, C++/C, proven practice/application of Deep Learning Algorithms (LSTM, Arima, MLPP, Reinforcement Learning, Recurring Neural Networks)
At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.