Customer Service Representative - Vendor/Supply Chain
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Northbrook, IL 60062
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE – SUPPLY CHAIN
Our Customer Care Operations Support Team is known to be the liaison between our customers, and processes here at OpticsPlanet. Our team members primary responsibility is to support our internal Operations within our Customer Care and Operational teams by identifying order discrepancies and following up in a timely matter. We use our interpersonal and communication skills to retain our customers while assuring that we stay compliant with our Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) used by our operational team members. The Operations Support Team monitors our current operations, identifies issues, and encourages optimization while working with our senior management and external vendors.
As the Drop-Ship Support Specialist, you will work directly with our procured suppliers to perform functions to assure that OpticsPlanet’s customers receive their orders as quickly, and smoothly, as possible! This role will follow-up with all submitted customer drop-shipped orders to ensure on-time shipment, as well as troubleshoot any discrepancies and communicating issues to the appropriate channels for resolution
The Drop-Ship Support Specialist has daily interactions with our procured suppliers in all forms; written, verbal, and occasional face-to-face. They also work closely with our Merchandising and Supply Chain Management teams.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Vendor Relationship: manage and build relationships with procured suppliers to ensure drop-ship order success.
• Manage Drop Ship Orders: review, manage and respond to all of OpticsPlanet’s submitted drop-ship purchase orders as it pertains to an ever-growing list of our suppliers; this includes obtaining updated ETAs, pricing updates, tracking requests, as well as verifying order information, etc.
• Customer Communication: assure that each customer order has accurate and up-to-date information about the status of their drop shipped order with proactive and empathetic communication.
• Vendor Compliance: work with a variety of internal departments to provide strategic solutions on drop-ship order discrepancies.
• Order Maintenance: work with our customer-facing team members to request drop-ship revisions and cancellations while facilitating them through our order management system.
• Report Maintenance: run and review comprehensive drop-ship order reports to monitor performance and audit discrepancies on all drop-shipped orders.
• Monitor SOPs: Assure decisions are being made using the Standard Operations Procedures to retain and appease customers.
• Process Optimization: work to improve current procedures when errors are identified.
• Ad Hoc Projects: participate in ad-hoc projects requested by direct or indirect management.
• 1-2 years in Customer Service preferred
• Previous e-commerce or vendor relations is a plus
• High school diploma, GED or equivalent minimum education
• Demonstrated experience and/or strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well in a group setting
• Self-starter who can adapt to a changing environment
• Exemplary punctuality and attendance are required. Due to the seasonal nature of our business, all employees may be expected to work additional hours during peak seasons.
• Must have the willingness to see customer issues through to resolution.
• Required to provide answers, return calls, and answer e-mails within current company communication standard.
Company Benefits & Perks:
• Medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance
• Employer paid life, AD&D and disability insurance
• Employer paid employee assistance program
• Generous FTO (flexible time off)
• 401k retirement benefits plan with a company match
• Voluntary legal support services & pet insurance
• Onsite exercise facility and yoga class
• Free gourmet coffee
• Awesome lounge with massage chairs, gaming systems, pool table and more!
• Rich corporate culture including charitable efforts, social events and career development opportunities
Ecentria Group, LLC and its subsidiaries (“The Company) are Equal Opportunity Employers. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.