Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Waukegan, IL 60085
Jr. Batch Maker: Waukegan
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in several important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. Were also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. Were the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
Join a dynamic team located on the shores of Lake Michigan! AkzoNobel Aerospace Coatings is the global leader in the manufacture, development and supply of coatings for the OEM and MRO sectors of the Commercial, Airline and General Aviation markets as well as the Military Aerospace and Military Ground Equipment markets. With manufacturing and support centers throughout the world, AkzoNobel Aerospace Coatings is considered the expert in their field and provides innovative, reliable and efficient solutions to customers worldwide. Our emphasis is on producing sustainable, high performance, cost-effective coatings that are easy to use.
The Batchmaker is responsible for the manufacture of liquid coatings, using coating manufacturing equipment in accordance with established Standard Operating Procedures, to achieve the highest level of efficiency and productivity.
- Manufacturing and making ads to liquid coatings.
- Sampling and testing of product.
- Completing of paperwork associated with process.
Maintaining acceptable level of cleanliness.
- Managing hazardous waste in the work area.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Ability to stand and walk most of shift.
Ability to lift-up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to push and pull containers weighing up to 600 lbs.
- Capable of using any personal protective equipment needed.
- Capable of passing any material handling tests required.
- Capable of demonstrating competency in both the process and the testing of product.
Able to follow written instructions acquired from a batch ticket.