Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
Service & Energy Installation
Elk Grove, Illinois
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
BUILD THE FUTURE
The Lead Installer will be part of Tesla’s Field Energy Operations team. As a leader at Tesla, the Lead Installer will continuously model to others Tesla standards and responsibilities including policy compliance, quality standards, and efficiency goals. The ideal candidate will work cooperatively with team members to successfully complete the installation and maintenance of energy products safely and on time.
· Considered a subject matter expert in energy system installation and is capable of training and mentoring others, may be responsible for a group or team
· Able to supervise the jobsite and proactively guides and trains team members to ensure compliance
· Able to install and commission energy systems on roofs including array layout, and mounting hardware based on site conditions and customers’ needs and expectations
· Proactively resolves equipment and system issues and is able to troubleshoot and overcome obstacles onsite.
· Applies advanced knowledge to improve processes and proactively reviews workmanship onsite
· Collaborates with warehouse team to ensure all materials and equipment necessary for installation are available onsite and communicates job status to customer and leadership
· Able to understand productivity goals and drive team members to improve efficiency
· Ensures that equipment is weather sealed
· Performs routine maintenance on energy systems
· Capable of completing work both with a team and as a lone worker
· Attend weekly team meetings and mandatory training sessions on new products, installation methodology, and safety
· Provide an exceptional customer experience to all customers
· Performs other related duties as assigned
· Extensive knowledge of PV equipment and installation
· Experience in roof work, general construction, or carpentry preferred
· Extensive knowledge of electrical wiring and equipment
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to read building plans and equipment manuals
· Ability to safely handle power tools and materials such as: ladders, inverters, solar panels, panel boards, batteries, and other similar electrical equipment, lumber, roofing materials, etc.
· Able to bend conduit unassisted.
· Excellent customer service and strong written and verbal communication skills
· Computer skills preferred
· Excellent attendance is essential for the team to achieve success
· Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
· Travel is mandatory and will vary dependent on business need. Employees must be able to travel for up to 2 weeks at a time, several times a year, to various locations within the US.
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred
· Vocational or technical school training preferred
· Previous related experience preferred
· Must be able to work at great heights including on rooftops, climbing ladders, and stairs
· Must be able to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold, crawl spaces, attic etc.)
· Prolonged periods of repetitious duties including lifting, bending, and standing for long periods
· Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds frequently
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems-and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Learn More About Tesla
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 510-602-3960 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact email@example.com for additional information or to request accommodations.