Maintenance & Grounds Technician II
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
- Perform skilled maintenance and repair of complex mechanical, electrical, HVAC, and other physical structures.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair facilities mechanical components and electrical systems in accordance with SOPs (standard operating procedures), internal requirements, manufacturer’s specifications and safety policies
- Quickly diagnose maintenance issues and find solutions that ensure resident safety while balancing * time sensitivity and cost
- Directly handle a wide range of maintenance repairs including plumbing, appliances, electrical, roofing inspection/minor roof damage; recommend outsourcing tasks to external vendors as necessary
- Perform maintenance and repair of mechanical, electrical, and other physical structures in accordance with SOPs (standard operating procedures), internal requirements, manufacturer’s specifications and safety policies
- Paint structures, drywall and plaster, perform masonry work, and repair plumbing fixtures and woodwork
- Uses hand and power tools while ensuring tools and equipment are maintained and repaired.
- Maintain and install electrical systems and fixtures
- Handle residence turnover including direct participation in turning units, obtaining bids from subcontractors, and small renovation projects
- Maintain good rapport with current and prospective residents
- Follow company policies with regard to gaining necessary approvals for any large maintenance tasks/expenditures
- Complete maintenance requests in a timely manner and document time, expense and results
- Regularly assess the property for safety and preventative maintenance opportunities
- Maintain and secure a spare parts inventory of basic maintenance hand and power tools. * * * * Recommend purchase of maintenance tools, equipment and supplies as required
- Comply with all OSHA regulations and any applicable laws regarding health, safety or environment
- Assist Maintenance team in developing methods and procedures to improve facility efficiency and workflow
- Oversee and review the work of lower-level technicians