Leasing & Collections Coordinator
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
This position is responsible for the enforcement of our clients’ (homeowner associations) leasing policies in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed by positions in this job classification. Not all duties assigned to every position are included, nor is it expected that all positions will be assigned every duty.
- Create proposals for the programs for clients with the possibility of attending client meetings.
- Responsible for maintaining assigned accounts, which includes daily homeowner emails, account updates, and return phone calls.
- Create and monitor monthly reports provided to the client.
- Communicate & follow up effectively with property managers and association boards regarding homeowner accounts on a timely basis.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with property managers and association boards.
- Document all leasing activity in a concise and accurate manner
- Respond to phone calls from homeowners while maintaining respectful and professional communication.
- Respond timely to homeowner, property manager, and Board Member inquiries both verbal and written.
- Research and analyze account histories and identify issues/corrections
- Serve as the backup for the Leasing & Collection Supervisor as needed, including learning the collections position for fill in support
- Other duties as assigned by the Leasing & Collection Supervisor, Department Manager or Director
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Practice and adhere to FirstService Residential Global Service Standards.
- Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
- Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
- May participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
- Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work.
- Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as instructed by Management.
- Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors’ Degree or applicable experience preferred
- Accounting and/or Leasing experience preferred
- Basic MS Office Skills
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Professional and respectful communication skills
- Must be able to work independently or in a cooperative team to accommodate high volume
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Must be able to produce at a high level under limited supervision and meet imposed deadlines
- Prior Leasing experience helpful
Physical Requirements / Working Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sitting at a desk for extended periods of time, keyboard and office equipment use
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Hours over and above normal office hours will occur, including evenings, holidays, and some weekends. Schedule is subject to change based on business needs.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled