Oracle Public Sector Senior Pre-Sales Solution Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Westchester, IL 60154
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Senior Sales Consultant you will be responsible for providing presales technical / functional support to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction with minimal supervision. Acts as a technical resource for less experienced Sales Consultants. Develop and deliver high quality standard Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Present and articulate advanced product features and benefits, product future direction and overall Oracle solutions. Design, validate, and present Oracle software solutions to include advanced product concepts, future direction, and 3rd party complimentary products. Develop and manage reference sites through high quality technical, professional client relationships.
Job duties are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 5 years relevant computer applications or database/tools. Demonstrated proficiency in one multi-user operating system. Through knowledge of system and application design. Strong verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems with accounts in complex technical environments. Ability to travel as needed. BS degree or equivalent; advanced degree desirable.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle Public Sector Senior Pre-Sales Solution Engineer
/Location based role: Oracle Hubs in Reston, VA; Austin, TX; Burlington, MA/
/Approximately 25% travel when required/
Do you have passion for technology? The curiosity and willingness to learn new skills, work with new tools and discover new and innovative approaches to solving complex technical challenges?
Seeking Senior Pre-Sales Solution Engineers with a passion for cloud concepts and system integration that can support customer facing engagements. Those who excel in this role are motivated self-starters who love to solve challenging problems and feel comfortable working directly with customers. They exhibit a strong sense of self-motivation and an insatiable curiosity about what is possible with technology. The primary focus of a Solutions Engineer is to become an expert in a core set of Oracle solutions and to present the value proposition and benefits of our solutions to our partners, customers, and internally to our sales force.
About the role:
As a Senior Pre-Sales Solution Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Conducting discovery sessions with customers to understand their current IT landscape and challenges, and future objectives and goals. Analyze customer s solution needs and requirements in context of their currently deployed technology architecture for ongoing and new projects.
- Design and deliver complex technical solution architectures involving Oracle s on-premises technology and Oracle s Public Cloud Solutions (PaaS Platform as a Service / IaaS – Infrastructure as a Service) or Hybrid Cloud Solutions.
- Contribute technical and product information in response Request for Proposals (RFP) & Requests for Information (RFI).
- Deliver deep dive Oracle technology presentations and product demonstrations focusing on the detailed feature-set capabilities and highlighting the business value of the solution to customers.
- Perform advanced level custom demos of Oracle technology solutions for both on-premises technology products and cloud services specifically tailored to uses cases based on the customer requirements.
- Design and deliver Proof of Concept (PoC) and technical trial engagements to articulate and evangelize the depth and value of Oracle s products & solutions.
- Provide Post-Deal support by assisting and advising customers during the software implementation phase especially for complex installation and configuration scenarios.
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and product support My Oracle Support (MOS) in the event of critical production issues.
- Provide training and mentorship to junior sales consultants on complex solution architectures, advanced product features and deployment scenarios.
- Provide training to Sales Reps. on the functions, features and capabilities of newly announced products & services as well as enhancements in existing products and services.
- BS degree or equivalent.
- Cloud implementation or architecture expertise: preferably with Oracle Cloud/OCI or related technologies such as Amazon Web Services AWS, MS Azure, Google Cloud.
- Analytics Cloud product experience is a strong plus. Oracle OBIEE or competitor Analytics Software such as Tableau, Microstrategy, Cognos, Etc.
- Any Cloud certifications are a strong plus
- 3 years relevant computer applications or database/tools experience.
- Oracle product experience highly desirable.
- Job duties are varied and complex, needing independent judgment.
- May have project lead role.
- Demonstrated proficiency in multi-user operating system through knowledge of system and application design.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel as needed; approximately 25% of the time.
/At Oracle, we don t just value differenceswe celebrate them. We re committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people work together. We believe innovation starts with diversity and inclusion./
Job: Pre Sales
Title: Oracle Public Sector Senior Pre-Sales Solution Engineer
Requisition ID: 20000G9F
Other Locations: US-MA,Mass-Burlington, US-TX,Texas-Austin, United States