Quality Engineer (Elk Grove Village)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
Our client, a metal stamping and CNC operation in the Elk Grove Village area, seeks an experienced and detailed oriented quality engineer.
Duties and Expectations:
• Creates FAIRs for all required parts using an AS9102 format and provides them to customers for review and
• Compile shipment documentation and issue company Certificate of Compliance for all jobs designated to be
• Create PPAPs for all required parts.
• Understand customer quality clauses as they are imposed and their effect on each job.
• Support final inspection requirements such as Visual/Dimensional review of product.
• Use of customer required documentation formats, including customer internet portals.
• Review specifications and customer provided documents for requirements and revision control.
• Report on out of tolerance conditions and assist with the investigation and corrective action activities.
• Assist with gage R&R activities and capability studies, as required.
• Controls non-conforming material, including documentation, MRB meetings and disposal (scrap)/Rework
• Perform tasks as assigned by the Quality Supervisor.
• Maintain a positive attitude and punctuality.
• Maintains a clean and organized work space.
• Willing to work in a team environment and interact with departmental and supplier personnel as required.
• Identify when applicable, continuous improvement of processes and understand the contribution to the
effectiveness of the Quality Management System (QMS).
• Aware of quality policies, procedures, objectives, contribution to conformance of product, safety and ethics.