Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60684
Thank you for your interest in Loyola University Chicago. To view open positions, please enter your search criteria below. You may view all open positions by not specifying any search criteria and selecting the “Search” button.
Bookmark this Posting
Apply for this Job
Maywood-Health Sciences Campus
HEMATOLOGY – ONCOLOGY (06508A)
Is this split and/or fully grant funded?
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensures that care delivered to patients, meets / exceeds standards of care and is provided according to SSOM HSD mission, strategic plans and all internal/external regulations, policies and procedures.
• Practices within the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation Nurse Practice Act. Supports the established care models of LUMC. Coordinates research project in compliance with the IRB regulations, Code of Federal Regulations and in collaboration with medical services.
• Provides education for patient and health care providers regarding various research protocols. Implements research protocols utilizing appropriate screening and informed consent.
• Collects data and performs clinical assessment of research parameters. Evaluates and maintains integrity of research protocol in collaboration with the principal investigator.
• Monitors patient for adverse events and reports any abnormalities immediately to the investigator and appropriate study personnel.
• Facilitates patient enrollment and continued participation in studies.
• Submits research protocols to the IRB for review.
• Collects clinical material and submits for central review.
• Participates in Cooperative Group Audits
• Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and/or Work Experience
Minimum Education Required: Associates Degree
Specify Degree(s): RN
Minimum Experience Required: 3-5 years of previous job-related experience
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and established procedures
- May require use of centrifuge, make slides for labs, ECG’s to be performed and transmitted.
- Medication administration
• Nursing – Current Registered Nurse license State of Illinois
• Basic Life Support (CPR)
• General – Valid Illinois drivers license
Should have basic knowledge in Excel, WORD, EPIC (EMR for the hospital),and Internet based data submission.
Required operation of university owned vehicles
Does this position require direct animal or patient contact?
Special Instructions to Applicants
Quick Link for Posting