Welder - Day Shift
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Belvidere, IL 61008
The position fabricates and assemble metal products using welders, cutters, shapers and measuring tools. Welders also set up, operate and maintain welding equipment. The position will use multiple welding machines (MIG, TIG). The minimum requirement is to be able to read and interpret diagrams, sketches and blueprints (including weld symbols) to determine operations, required materials and timeframes for projects. In addition, may perform other machine shop duties as required including machining and fabrication, etc. Currently we are manufacturing stainless doors for passenger rail cars to be delivered to the New York Metro area. The contract extends to 2025 with high likelihood of additional contracts. This position report to the Director of Operations or the Team Leader of assigned area. Shifts are 7:00 am to 3:30 pm, M-F.
What you will do:
1. Prepare material for welding, such as grinding and degreasing parts, etc.
2. Perform welding by using a variety of processes: GTAW (TIG) GMAW (MIG).
3. Follows WPS and PQR according to the AWS code
4. Sand down parts (weld joint of work piece)
5. Drill and tap holes.
6. Fasten parts together with bolts, screws, speed clips, rivets or other fasteners.
7. Treat metal surfaces with stroke sanding machine.
8. Mix adhesives to specification and apply to product.
9. Perform testing and quality inspection of work-in-process and finished products for required specifications.
10. Repairs welds to the proper AWS code.
11. Help co-workers, management and customers in problem solving.
You are capable of:
- Following all safety and company polices.
- Reading and interpreting weld symbols, mechanical drawing, and diagram to weld and assemble products.
- Reading a tape measure, scale, and other basic measurement devices.
- Doing basic math.
- Maintaining a positive attitude under stressful situations.
- Speaking and writing clearly.