Structural Engineer - Project Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lisle, IL 60404
Farnsworth Group is seeking a Structural Engineer – Project Manager in our Lisle, IL office. In this role, you will be a key individual within a client focused, technically excellent structural engineering team that serves local and nationwide clients in the support of multiple design projects.
• Serves as project engineer with autonomy for project related tasks and as a designated client contact. May have project management responsibilities on multiple projects.
• Responsibility for project schedules and timely completion of projects.
• Assists in the coordination of estimating, scoping and marketing strategies for proposed projects.
• Assist in the preparation of engineering agreements for projects.
• Prepare design/quantity computations.
• Prepares or modifies reports, specifications, plans, studies, permits and designs for various projects.
• May delegate and/or supervise the work of other engineer’s activities.
• Actively participates in business development efforts and attends client meetings and makes presentations in support of the client/project manager.
Specific Requirements include:
• Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering, required, Masters in Structural Engineering, preferred
• Licensed Structural Engineer (SE), required
• 7 – 15 years of diverse project experience in the design of transportation / civil structures
• Experience with MicroStation and/or AutoCAD
• Experience working with IDOT/ ISTHA projects / clients, preferred
• Proven leadership skills with engineering staff and organizations
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Strong team player in a multi-disciplinary environment who can work on and contribute to several projects simultaneously
We offer a competitive salary and benefits program that includes:
• Medical/Dental Plans
• Prescription Drug Program
• Vision Plan
• 401(k) with Company Match
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Flexible Spending Account
• Time-off Benefits
Come join the Farnsworth Group team and find out why our employees earned us the Great Place to Work certification! Farnsworth Group is a full-service engineering and architecture firm with offices and employment opportunities located throughout a nationwide network of offices. With a rich 125-year history, we are an employee-owned company that offers an impressive benefits and compensation program, in addition to excellent career development opportunities. We are always looking for exceptional and talented employees who are passionate about their craft and the solutions we provide to our clients. Give us a closer look and discover why we are a Great Place to Work!
If you feel that you would be right for this position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application so that we can review your information. We look forward to meeting you!
For immediate consideration:
Please Apply Online by clicking on the link below
or visit the Farnsworth Group website at www.f-w.com and click on the careers link.
Farnsworth Group, Inc. is proud to be a M/F Disabled and Veteran EEO/AA employer.