Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Oak Brook, IL 60523
2901 Oak Brook Campus None
Oak Brook, IL None, USA
The primary purpose of the Financial Analyst position is to assist in the oversight and management of real estate transactions and portfolios of commercial real estate assets. This position is directly responsible for assisting the senior managers in the analysis of business opportunities related to the financing of assets. The goal is to analyze the performance, opportunities, and strategies of the company’s managed programs in a timely manner.
- Performs complex financial modeling, analyzes the data and develops financial reports for approval, planning, forecasting, and trending and variance analysis to actual results on asset performance.
- Provides analytical and daily asset analysis and valuation support on individual transactions and a portfolio consisting of multiple property types located in multiple markets. Specifically, modeling investment opportunities and valuations of real estate investments under management.
- Tracks the current financial progress of the existing assets/properties against their forecasts to make sure programs are on track; recommends adjustments to the forecasts and reports any variances to senior management.
- Reviews and updates operating expenses; evaluates the financial strength of tenants, market rental rates, vacancies, and demographics.
- Researches real estate markets to assess market demand, the potential for demand and rate growth, the competitiveness of comparable properties, and risks presented by new supply.
- Assists in the quality control of the asset portfolio along with internal reporting and compliance procedures.
- Assists in the preparation and tracking of the transaction pipeline.
- Assists in loan document reviews from application to final execution.
- Work with originators and clients from application, initial transaction sizing, and the underwriting and approval process.
- Perform periodic property site inspections.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Finance, Accounting or Economics from a four-year college or
university or equivalent professional knowledge and/or work experience.
- Zero (0) year up to two (2) years of prior professional accounting or finance experience, commercial real estate, or tax liens.
- No certifications/licenses are required for this position.
- Skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook are required.
- Intermediate Skills in Argus are preferred, but not required.
- Occasional (10% – 15% of the time) day and overnight travel may be required for this position.
We are a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment background checks and drug screening is performed on all new hires, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, familial, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected classes.
We are an E-Verify employer. Please click the following link to learn more.
Bachelors or better in Finance or related field.
Less than 2 years:Prior professional accounting or finance experience, preferably in commercial real estate, or tax liens.
Posted: June 26, 2020