Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60601
National Audubon Society
Job ID: 2020-4401
Type: Regular, Full-Time
- of Openings: 1
Category: Program/Project Management
National Audubon Society
Now in its second century, Audubon is dedicated to protecting birds and other wildlife and the habitat that supports them. Audubon’s mission is engaging people in bird conservation on a hemispheric scale through science, policy, education and on-the-ground conservation action. By mobilizing and aligning its network of Chapters, Centers, State and Important Bird Area programs in the four major migratory flyways in the Americas, the organization will bring the full power of Audubon to bear on protecting common and threatened bird species and the critical habitat they need to survive. And as part of BirdLife International, Audubon will join people in over 100 in-country organizations all working to protect a network of Important Bird Areas around the world, leveraging the impact of actions they take at a local level. What defines Audubon’s unique value is a powerful grassroots network of nearly 500 local chapters, 23 state offices, 41 Audubon Centers, Important Bird Area Programs in 50 states, and 700 staff across the country. Audubon is a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
- Manage, monitor and control project scope, cost, time and quality to ensure high-quality deliverables are produced on-time, within budget, and meet or exceed commitments and expectations through all phases of the project lifecycle
- Create detailed project plans, schedule project timelines including critical path considerations, dependencies and milestones
- Manage risks and issues proactively; develop and execute risk response plans, run point on project escalations and monitor issues to resolution
- Develop resource plans for designated projects and estimate the resources needed to achieve project goals
- Set up the project team structure with clear roles and responsibilities
- Facilitate status meetings with team members and stakeholders clearly documenting and following up on discussions, risks, issues, decisions, and action items
- Create project status reports, executive reports and dashboard updates on a regular basis
- Conduct project close-out of projects including post-mortems, documentation, hand-overs of responsibilities to operating teams, knowledge transfer, etc.
- Develop change management plans with strong communication plans that lead successful adaption to changes and higher adoption.
- Build relationships to become a trusted adviser with internal clients and colleagues
- Apply generally acceptable and project management approved methods and practices
- Assist in maturing the Delivery Office methodology and toolset
- Apply strong analysis skills to identify and document requirement needs and determine solutions to business problems
- Ensure that elements of equity, diversity and inclusion principles and values are incorporate in the Delivery Office projects and initiatives
- Help build company norms to cultivate inclusivity while working remotely
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years of project management experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Proven track record of supporting successful projects and related best practices
- Direct hands-on experience project management using project management methodologies, processes and tools
- Experience in change management planning and execution
- Resourceful and creative mindset to address project related issues/risks
- Skilled in facilitation, team problem-solving and critical thinking
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Self-motivation and strong work ethic
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating
- Effective time management skills and detailed oriented multi-tasker and ability to manage multiple projects in parallel
- Comfortable with working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Ability to work under conditions of uncertainty shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Organizational savvy in soliciting cooperation from different levels – upper management, managers, staff and across the organization and departments.
- Ability to effectively triage, prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project, SmartSheet, etc.
- Background in the environmental/conservation industry a consideration preferred
- Experience working in a consulting environment preferred
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/vngt9crz55b6n34n