Sr. IoT Software Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
Sr. IoT Software Engineer
Group:Motion Systems Grp N. America
< Return to Search Results
Org Marketing Statement
With annual sales of $14.3 billion in fiscal year 2019, Parker Hannifin is the world’s leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 63 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
The Software engineer would be a full stack software developer responsible for architecting, developing and delivering Industrial IoT solutions, UI, APIs in the AWS cloud environment. Responsibilities include evangelizing cloud solutions with customers, leading business and IT stakeholders through designing a robust, secure and optimized Azure architecture. Using Azure public cloud and open source technologies, the Software engineer shall implement state of the art, scalable, high performance and available IoT on Cloud solutions that meet the todays and future customer needs.
• Architect, develop, deploy, and support the software that drives Parker’s SaaS based IoT offerings.
• Develop optimized cloud based IoT solutions to minimize cost, maximize performance and scale.
• Deliver software product used by end users on laptop, tabs and mobile devices.
• Provide thought leadership for cloud technology inside Parker and collaborate with cross-functional engineering and IT teams to improve Parker’s IoT Cloud Platform.
• Optimize data usage over wireless networks for both performance and cost considerations.
• Triage production issues and meet the SLA needs of the system
• Collaborate with internal and external resources to develop and implement solutions that leverage existing work with use of real time series data and SQL database structures.
• Document reference architectures, flowcharts, diagrams, Jira and user guides
• Architect, prototype, and develop client-side and server-side software for cloud-based solution.
• Create robust and scalable production quality web based services.
• RESTful API development and integration
• Manage a small software team, project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
• BS degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
• At least 5 years of consulting or client service delivery experience on Azure/AWS
• At least 5 years of experience in DevOps, Docker, containers, Kubernetes or similar technologies
• Ability to create long term vision and architectural approaches for software design and implementation
• Experience providing practical direction within the Azure/AWS Native
• Experience with RESTful APIs and Web based data structures such as JSON
• Experience with React, AngularJS, NodeJS, HTML, CSS, and AJAX -Web application development
• Experience with Java/SpringBoot
• Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Elk Grove Village, IL, USA