IT Systems Administrator
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Aurora, IL 60504
IT Systems Administrator
Designs, develops, modifies, debugs and evaluates programs for functional areas, including but not limited to finance, human resources, manufacturing
and marketing. Analyzes existing programs or formulates logic for new systems, devises logic procedures, prepares flowcharting, performs coding and tests/debugs programs. Develops conversion and system implementation plans. Prepares and obtains approval of system and programming documentation. Recommends changes in development, maintenance and system standards. Trains users in conversion and implementation of system. Note: May be internal or external, client-focused, working in conjunction with Professional Services and outsourcing functions. May include company-wide, web-enabled solutions.
Cabot Microelectronics is seeking an IT Systems Administrator to support a multifaceted and globally expanding organization. The IT Systems Administrator will contribute to a high-performing, fast-paced team by continuously improving CMC’s corporate hosting infrastructure through simplification, modernization, optimization, automation, and execute of IT operational efficiencies. The ideal candidate for this position will provide thought leadership and actively contribute to multiple business-enabling projects while providing day-to-day Tier 2 and 3 operational support of on-premise and cloud-based hosting infrastructure.
- Coordinates existing Microsoft Windows server environment, including Microsoft Azure, Active Directory Services, VMWare and Hyper-V hypervisors, Office 365, NAS and SAN storage.
- Supports and improves the Backup operations, business continuity plans and disaster recovery tests.
- Works closely with the broader, global IT team to deliver high quality, secure solutions and ensure internal customer happiness.
- Evaluates issues for trends, identifies root-cause for system problems and plans & implements necessary corrective actions and changes.
- Audits, Monitors and optimizes systems in order to achieve and maintain maximum performance and availability.
- Manages and prioritizes competing project tasks simultaneously.
- Actively supports security improvement initiatives.
- Develops and provides recommendations to aid in hardware and system software selection, implementation planning and budgeting.
- Translates highly complex technical information into concise business terms and optimally communicate across all levels of the business.
- Executes and supports monthly and quarterly SOX 404 reporting and documentation procedures.
- Researches and assesses new technology capabilities to support interpersonal growth, improve efficiency and increase maturity.
- Performs Tier 2 and 3 Escalation Support for operational issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years of technical experience coordinating Windows infrastructure
- Proficient with Microsoft Active Directory and Azure AD architecture, configuration and administration
- Proficient with managing and maintaining hypervisor technologies such as VMWare and Hyper-V
- Possesses working knowledge of enterprise server security and patch management methods using Microsoft Server Update Services and Systems Center Configuration Manager
- Familiar with ITIL Service Management concepts, including Incident Management, Problem Management, and Change Management
- Possesses understanding of disaster recovery and business continuity concepts, processes and practices
- Exercises sound judgment and critical thinking when evaluating and selecting technical solutions, deployment methods, and evaluation criteria to achieve desired results
- Prioritizes work and advances issues in a timely manner
- Applies critical thinking to solve issues quickly, under time constraints, and with interruptions.
- Able to work outside business hours to support project initiatives, system changes and issue critical concerns
- Able and willing to travel outside the U.S.
- MCSA Office 365, MCSE, MCAP certifications are strongly preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Cabot Microelectronics Corporation is a M/F, Disabled and Veteran EEO/AA Employer.