Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant to the Board of Education
REPORTS TO: The Members of the Board of Education
SUPERVISES: Does not apply
PRIMARY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Serves as the confidential administrative assistant to the members of the Board of Education; maintains the official Board of Education Policies and Procedures Handbook; documents the official minutes for all Board of Education meetings; Submits bid and legal notices to the Journal for publication: Opens sealed bids; acts as mail courier for deliveries to the members of the Board of Education as needed; insures all Board of Education meetings are held in accordance with statutory requirements.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Attends all Board of Education open meetings, closed sessions, committee meetings, and special task force groups.
2. Prepares all Board of Education meeting agendas, records, maintains and transcribes written minutes, captures verbatim audio of meetings, and distributes Board documents as directed.
3. Posts meeting notices, agendas, and minutes as prescribed by Illinois School Code, Illinois Election Code, Open Meetings Act, and other statutes pertinent to public schools.
4. Tracks all Board of Education actions and timelines.
5. Maintains all files for property and contracts, financial affairs, litigation, personnel, and student disciplinary actions.
6. Researches inquiries and communicates potential resolutions to matters related to the responsibilities of the Board of Education..
7. Arranges travel for members of the Board of Education.
8. Refers issues to appropriate administrators and reports remedies directly to the members of the Board of Education.
9. Informs all Board of Education members about media requests and district communication.
10. Prepare travel reports for Board approval .
11. Assure all Legal documents are signed and delivered to appropriate County offices
12. Prepare donation letters and send them to donors
13. Work with Curriculum division to upload board policies
14. Other duties as determined relevant by the members of the Board of Education or in collaboration with the Superintendent.
KNOWLEDGE AND CRITICAL SKILLS:
1. Familiarity with Illinois School Code regulations
2. Strong written and verbal communication skills
3. Demonstrated proficiencies with shorthand, transcription, and word processing skills
4. Proficient in PowerPoint and Excel
5. Organizational capabilities
1. Executive level related experiences preferred
ENVIRONMENTAL AND PHYSICAL CONDITIONS:
1. Light lifting
2. Driving required with personal car
3. Meeting preparation and organization, including meals
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
12 month position
Evening/weekend work required
Primary evaluator will be the Board of Education members in collaboration with the Superintendent of Schools.