Van Drivers - Collinsville, IL
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
COLLINSVILLE, IL 62234
*DRIVER JOB DESCRIPTION
About the Position: Drivers are responsible for safely transporting railroad crews to their destination on time, while adhering to federal, state and local traffic laws, as well as PTI’s policies and procedures.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Driving vehicles in a safe manner
• Provide excellent customer service
• Report to work at the designated need time and location
• Report any defects, mechanical problems, or missing items to your Branch Manager
• Perform a vehicle inspection
• Maintain strict confidentiality regarding PTI’s business secrets
• Abide by all Company policies and procedures
• All other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Have a valid state driver’s license issued by the state of proposed employment
• Must live within a 30 minute drive of the location for which they are applying
• Have at least* 5 years* of verifiable driving experience
• Must not have a physical impairment preventing him or her driving safely, or from performing the essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation
• Must be able to read, write, and converse in English
• Must be able to use a GPS/Technology System, read and understand roadmaps
• Past professional driving experience
• Customer service skills
• Ability to lift and pull up to 15 pounds
• Must be able to climb in and out of the vehicle
• Must be able to bend to inspect the undercarriage of a vehicle and tires
• Must be able to manually open and close all doors and hatches on the vehicle
• Pre-employment drug screening and other tests as outline in the Driver’s Handbook
• A Three Year Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check
• Background Check
• Driving Performance Test
Drivers must meet these requirements and all other requirements as determined by PTI, its customers and/or its insurance company, at all times to remain employed as a PTI driver. It is the responsibility of the employee to report any and all moving violations to his or her supervisor immediately.
*This job description does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the Company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require.