Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago Heights, IL 60411
Chicago Heights, IL, US
7565 WIS Company
WESCO is known for the best service and the best people, always going above and beyond to provide top-notch service to our customers. As a leading global provider of supply chain solutions, WESCO’s goal is to ensure that our customers have the products they need, when and where they need them – whether that is on a construction site or in a manufacturing plant. We back up those products with proven expert services that help companies increase efficiency and productivity, reduce costs, create safer workplaces, and achieve sustainability goals. If this is a culture you want to be a part of, we invite you to join WESCO, a place where inclusion and diversity is valued and continuous improvement is a way of life.
Provides customer and purchasing support, inventory control, and other contract compliance activities through subordinates. Addresses complaints and resolves problems and establishes and maintains an environment of continuous improvement and cost savings initiatives.Responsible for managing employees onsite and may manage multiple sites.
- Coordinates purchasing, customer service, vendor relationships and warehousing activities in accordance with policies, procedures and principles established by WESCO Integrated Supply and the program contract.
- Confers with customer to enhance and further implement the program. Evaluates areas for improvement and expanded services. Establishes working relationship and effective communication with key managers and plant staff.
- Develops knowledge of customer’s business and plant operations so pertinent information can be communicated to our customers and implemented as needed to enhance our program offering.
- Monitors program effectiveness and prepares monthly reports on cost, performance, service quality and improvements.
- Participates in value added and cost savings ideas to provide information to customers.
- Ensures cost savings ideas are generated, documented and submitted to customer for approval by means of e-Crib Cost Savings Ideas database.
- Ensures cost savings meets or exceeds customer’s annual contractual requirements.
- Identifies issues and potential solutions. Suggests program improvements.
- Responsible for human resource management at site.
- Trains customers and employees on system(s).
- Resolves customer payment and billing issues.
- Coordinates technical support and value added activities.
- Coordinates vendor information sharing activities with customer, including new product launches, value added services, and cost savings initiatives.
- Records and researches customer problems and provides them with corrective action solutions.
- Creates and maintains accurate inventory item databases.Conducts physical inventories.
- 3 years Inventory/store room management experience – 5 years preferred
- High School Degree or Equivalent required
- Combination of formal education and experience is desired for the effective management of a site.
- Entrepreneurial style of management.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines without exception.
- Ability to understand complex problems, the options available, and to pursue the best possible solution with confidence.
- Ability to analyze data and tooling requirements and improvements.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret most documents and drawings.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and others.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must have valid driver’s license
- *General Office
- - Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
- Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time.
- Employee required to analyze and interpret complex data.
- Employee required to problem-solve.
- Employee required to communicate with the public.
At WESCO, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, paid time off (PTO), 401k, tuition reimbursement, STD/LTD, Legal assistance and more.
Press “Apply Now” below.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WESCO International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates (“WESCO”), is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of WESCO to not discriminate against any job applicant or employee based on age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status or any other protected status. This policy includes but is not limited to the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff, or termination.”