Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60601
POSITION IS LOCATED IN THE CHICAGO HQ
This position is responsible for performing pharmacy program quality improvement activities including but not limited to reviewing and supporting formulary (drug list) and Utilization Management (UM) programs. This position is responsible for performing comprehensive medication reviews of individual member drug use as well.
- Registered Pharmacist with unrestricted license in the state of Illinois. .
- Experience using window based word processing, spreadsheet and relational database software.
- Drug information skills.
- Strong Verbal and written communication skills with client-facing experience.
- Knowledge of practice guidelines or practice parameters; pharmacoeconomics; quality improvement processes and techniques.
- Knowledge of medication use evaluation principles.
- MTM program experience or completion of MTM/Pharmaceutical Care Training preferred.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Computer skills to include Excel and PowerPoint experience.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
BCBSTX complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.