Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bartlett, IL 60103
The Senior Buyer is responsible for negotiating long-term/short-term transactions with vendors, negotiates the prices for services and/or products, incorporates strategic purchasing plans company-wide, & identifies potential suppliers. The Senior Buyer also manages assigned commodities to achieve OTD, sourcing, PPM, cost reduction goals & disperses information about purchasing to the necessary members of the production, purchasing, engineering, and sales teams.
KEY RESULTS AREAS
1. Tactical Purchasing
- Manage day to day procurement function by running material planner workbench (MRP), issuing purchase orders, price negotiations, cost avoidance, resolving invoice issues, expediting shipments, processing ECN’s and communicating effectively with all suppliers.
- Negotiate kanban stocking agreements leading to best lead-times for the division while complying with company terms & conditions.
- Timely resolution of past due purchase orders to meet departmental goals.
2. Strategic Purchasing
- Develop sourcing plans in alignment with strategic deployment objectives.
- Develop & implement cost reduction projects.
- Create RFQ’s and perform quote analysis while developing suppliers and hold them accountable for scorecard metrics.
- Identify qualified suppliers in compliance with responsible sourcing policy.
- Must have established domestic and international supply base of raw materials, tubing, machinists and stampers, etc. to enhance the current approved supplier list.
3. Project Management
- Follow a disciplined approach to accomplishing tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Able to complete projects as assigned by Materials Manager on-time and within budget.
4. On-Time Delivery
- Responsible for having direct materials delivered on-time, in the correct quantities, at or below budgeted annual costs.
- Accountable for accurate and timely issuance of spot buy and blanket purchase orders.
- Ensure materials shortages and stock-outs are prevented at all times.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain, Engineering or related field
- 5 plus years purchasing, procurement, and/or sourcing experience in a manufacturing setting
- Experience in automotive, aerospace, medical, and/or metal fabrication preferred
- Strong knowledge of procurement and commodity process management
- Familiar with Lean Manufacturing and Kanban concepts
- ERP and MRP experience
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Sense of Urgency
- Results Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Customer First Mindset
- Personal Accountability