Telecommunications IMR Technician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Rock Island, IL 61299
Salary: $29.76 an hour plus $4.22 an hour for Health & Welfare
Qualified candidates will have the following:
• Minimum of three years OSP/ISP cable maintenance experience.
• Strong background in Telephony Outside Plant service to include: copper and fiber optic cable maintenance and splicing; maintenance hole work (OSHA confined space familiarization); cable locating experience; experience in fault locating.
• Completion of BICSI training within six months of hire date.
• Valid drivers license with clear record.
• Active/recent U.S. government security clearance.
• BICSI training.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
• Talk and hear.
• Stand, walk, bend, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl, and climb.
• Prolonged standing and/or sitting.
• Frequent lifting and moving of items over 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Perform duties in all weather conditions.
• Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Repair and maintain OSP cable facilities including poles, underground services, and conduit.
• Test and monitor confined space air quality per OSHA regulations.
• Inspect, pump excess water, clean out debris, make minor repairs and maintain Maintenance Holes.
• Maintain and repair/replace cable related defects.
• Lift and load equipment and material that may weigh more than 50 pounds.
• Assure dependable and uninterrupted operation of telephone communications by proactively identifying problems.
• Identify problems by using electronic testing equipment.
Selected candidates will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information/spaces.
Offers are contingent upon successful completion of professional reference checks and background screening.
GStek, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
GStek encourages veterans, disabled veterans and disabled individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.