Truck Driver - Belvidere
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Belvidere, IL 61008
We are currently seeking a Driver to be based out of Belvidere, IL to serve the surrounding areas. This person would provide timely delivery of thyssenkrupp Supply Chain Services product to our customers while representing thyssenkrupp in a positive manner by providing customers with quick, precise, helpful, courteous, and professional delivery service as well as ensuring trucks are in proper working order.
The key responsibilities of the Driver include, but are not limited to the following:
- Complete pre-trip/post-trip inspections of truck and cargo
- Monitor condition of equipment and report all issues immediately
- Load and unload truck using forklift or other material handling equipment as needed
- Deliver product and proper paperwork to our customers in a courteous and timely manner
- Record cargo information distance traveled, fuel consumption, and other information in a log book / trip sheet (if applicable)
- Receive and relay information to a central dispatcher
- Ensure that material is properly protected from the outdoor elements
- Ensure that the load is safely and correctly placed and is secured by using ropes, chains, and slings to avoid damage to the truck or the goods
- Responsible for performing daily vehicle inspection such as tires, lights, brakes, oil, and water
- Maintain tractors in clean and operable condition
- Maintain excellent customer relations on all deliveries and pick-ups
- Follow all customer designated safety procedures
- Responsible for reporting any accidents, incidents or equipment damage that occurs
- Participate, support and comply with all health, safety and 6S initiatives, and requirements
- Continually follow all DOT requirements
- Train others when required
- Minimum 2 years prior experience as a Truck Driver
- Class A CDL
- Excellent driving record
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior Flatbed or Van experience
- Basic math skills
Applicants with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process are encouraged to contact us directly.Materials Services
thyssenkrupp Supply Chain Services is a dynamic, forward thinking company offering great benefits, career advancement, and abundant learning opportunities. As a subsidiary of the global thyssenkrupp AG based in Germany, we have the security and resources of a large corporation, with a sense of ownership that is usually reserved for small companies. At tk your voice will be heard. When you join our team you are joining a skilled group of professionals with diverse backgrounds across many cultures and industries. Our company values are centered on promoting personal growth, diversity, community engagement, environmental responsibility, and career development. As a growing company, opportunities for advancement are plentiful for those who are willing to work hard – we strive to promote from within.
In the last four years our company size has nearly quadrupled. We now employ over 3,000 people across 35+ locations in the US, Canada, and Mexico. Working mainly in 5 major industries ?- automotive, renewable energy, heavy manufacturing, commercial construction, and infrastructure logistics – we strive to be the preferred provider for supply chain services in North America. Our services span our “Hands, Wheels, Walls” approach: Quality Inspection, Logistics Management, and Warehousing & Distribution.
If this sounds like the right environment for you, apply today to thyssenkrupp Supply Chain Services:
It’s not just a job, it’s a career.
We work together closely and respect each other, for over 200 years. If that is just as important to you as it is to us, apply now!Business Area Materials Services
As the lead company of the Materials Services business area, we are successful global materials distributor. 500 branches in 44 countries ensure we have a global presence. We also provide a wide range of innovative services to manufacturing and processing companies. The production of stainless steels and high-performance materials rounds out our broad-based offering.thyssenkrupp is a technology group with strengths in materials. Over 162,000 employees in 78 countries work to develop high-quality products and intelligent industrial processes and services for sustainable progress. In fiscal year 2018/2019 thyssenkrupp generated sales of ?42.0 billion. Our technologies and innovations are the key to meeting diverse customer and market requirements around the world, growing on the markets of the future, and generating stable earnings, cash flows and value growth.
Equal Opportunity Employer?minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity