Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60684
Thank you for your interest in Loyola University Chicago. To view open positions, please enter your search criteria below. You may view all open positions by not specifying any search criteria and selecting the “Search” button.
Bookmark this Posting
Apply for this Job
Rogers Park-Lake Shore Campus
OFFICE OF THE PROVOST
PROVOST’S OFFICE (02000A)
Is this split and/or fully grant funded?
Duties and Responsibilities
The Office of Online Learning at Loyola University Chicago seeks an instructional designer to provide support for existing and developing online courses and programs. The successful candidate will be experienced in instructional design, project management, and effective practices for teaching and learning in online and blended environments.
• Work with academic and support units across the university to design, develop, and support new and existing online and blended courses and programs
• Collaborate with faculty to transform traditional, face-to-face courses into high-quality online courses
• Work with faculty to evaluate and revise existing online courses to enhance the learning experience for students
• Integrate course design elements that promote Quality Matters (QM) standards for online course design, ADA compliance, mission-related teaching practices, and alignment with course/program outcomes
• Consult with faculty on technological and pedagogical issues relevant to online teaching and learning
• Manage multiple projects involving different stakeholders to ensure timely development and delivery of courses and programs
• Provide support for University initiatives relating to online and blended academic offerings
• Remain current with research and emerging trends in distance learning, learning technologies, and instructional design
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Online Learning
Minimum Education and/or Work Experience
Master’s degree and three to five years of experience in instructional design, instructional technology or related field required. Equivalent combination of experience may be considered.
• Master’s degree in instructional design, educational technologies, distance learning, or related field
• Three or more years’ experience designing online and blended courses or training modules
• Strong knowledge of learning theories, effective online/blended teaching and learning practices, and instructional design models
• Strong organizational skills, project and time-management skills, and attention to detail
• Experience working collaboratively on team-based projects
• Visual and multimedia design skills, including the ability to storyboard
• Ability to build relationships, synthesize input from multiple stakeholders, and work collaboratively with faculty and staff across the University
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Experience with online teaching technologies
• Ability to apply copyright and web accessibility standards when developing course content
• Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
• Three or more years’ experience designing online and blended courses in higher education
• Experience with Sakai, Zoom, VoiceThread, Panopto, and Articulate Storyline
• Experience with the Quality Matters (QM) Higher Education Rubric and course review process
• Bilingual (Spanish)
• Experience with online teaching technologies such as higher education learning management systems, Zoom, VoiceThread, and Panopto
Required operation of university owned vehicles
Does this position require direct animal or patient contact?
Carrying, Standing, Repetitive Motions
Lighting, Heating, Ventilation
Special Instructions to Applicants
Quick Link for Posting