Network Analyst - MDA/GCN
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Scott AFB, IL 62225
Mission Essential Work – Trace is hiring immediately!
Job Title: Network Analyst – MDA/GCN
Job Location: Scott AFB, IL
Security Clearance: Active, in-scope US Government issued Secret/SSBI
Due to the nature of the work and US Government required, US Citizenship is required.
Trace Systems is actively recruiting for an experienced and cleared Network Analyst to join our team on-site in Scott AFB, IL.
This role is considered “mission essential” and able to support rotating 12, 10, or 8hr shifts based upon the requirements and resources available.
This position provides support in the following areas as part of the MDA/GCN Desk within DISA Global Operations Center (DGOC), which will include the following:
- Performs pro-active monitoring of network elements alarms and alerts to identify those components/elements that may lead to or already are causing network degradation or failure. Accomplishes this through use of network management system(s) and associated assets on a continuous (rotating shifts) basis.
- Performs fault isolation, diagnostic, and assessment functions to include determination and execution of corrective action(s) on real-time basis.
- Interfaces with functional users as well as remote operations centers in both routine and reactive monitoring situations.
- Maintains logs and records associated with reported problems or situations.
- Executes all reporting functions and data input associated with network management.
- Monitors security posture of network(s); reports suspected violations to designated authority.
- Coordinates with configuration management and implementation entities to ensure optimum dissemination of information and network efficiency.
- Performs operator level maintenance on all components and assets associated with network management systems.
- Experience with one or more of the following tasks: alarm surveillance, fault management, LAN maintenance, performance management.
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies: Routers, switches, crypto devices, Promina, ADTRAN, MSPP, DWDM, Optical Switching, SATCOM/MILSATCOM.
- At least 2 years of relevant technical experience.
- Current DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE, or equivalent) or can obtain this certification within ninety (90) days of employment.
- Able to participate in a 24/7 shift work environment, to include working nights and weekends.
- An active, in-scope US Government issued Secret/SSBI security clearance.
- Due to the nature of the work and contract requirements, US Citizenship is required.
Apply Here: https://www.Click2Apply.net/88bp4qrqxj5vccn8