CDL Class A Truck Driver
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago Heights, IL 60411
CDL Class A Truck Driver
Status of Position
Responsible for transporting the Mobile Training Centers (53’ trailers) to employer facilities where training will be done onsite. This position is responsible for performing pre-trip and post-trip inspections, assisting the instructor in securing the training equipment before transport as well as un-securing the equipment upon drop-off at the training site. Knowledge of the proper operation of a semi-tractor as well the proper way to hookup and drop-off a trailer. Individual must have a current CDL Class A license and a valid/ current DOT card.
Direct reporting to the Manager/ Transportation, Warehousing and Logistics.
1. Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections when trailers are mobilized.
2. Properly fill out “service-needed” tickets whenever there are issues with either the semi-tractor or trailer.
3. Make sure all equipment inside the trailer is properly secured before transport. This includes making sure the exterior sets of stairs are properly stowed under the trailer. This will take place when departing from PSC as well as returning from a training site. The instructor will usually assist the driver at the training site.
4. Check to see that the electric/ hydraulic lift is properly secured under the trailer.
5. Transport Mobile Training Centers to employer facilities where the training will be done.
6. Upon arrival at the training site, make sure both sets of exterior stairs are properly installed. If the lift is needed, make sure that is operational and accessible.
7. Assist instructor in un-securing any equipment/ tools that were secured for transport.
8. Understand the proper start-up and shut-down procedures for the operation of the generators.
9. Use paper logs to record any movement of the trailers.
10. Driver is required to make sure the fuel levels never get too low for the semi-tractors and generators.
11. Driver may be responsible for fueling semi-tractors and generators. TBD
Other Duties and Responsibilities
1. Must possess a current CDL Class A license and valid/ current DOT card.
2. Two years of experience driving a semi-tractor/ trailer unit.
3. Be able to work a flexible schedule as needed: days, evenings and weekends.
4. Must be dependable and prompt when scheduled to transport the trailers.
5. Must be fluent in English, spoken and written.
1. Five years of experience driving a semi-tractor/ trailer unit.
2. Experience working in a community college environment
3. Basic knowledge of welding and machining equipment.
Anticipated Work Hours and Days
Flexible, as needed
$30/hr (Part-time Hourly)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
All applications must be submitted electronically through Prairie State College website.