Systems Administrator Mid (IL, Scott AFB)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Scott Afb, IL 62225
SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR MID
The Systems Administrator Mid installs, configures, and maintains operating system workstations and servers, including web servers, in support of business processing requirements.
Additional Responsibilities Include, but are not Limited To:
- Performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
- Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
- Ensures data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
- Supports media Management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services.
- Conducts routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation.
- Performs builds of delivered capabilities.
- Assists development teams with creation of deployment packages.
- Reviews EIL processes, procedures, and recommends or implements improvements.
- Provides developers and testers with feedback during retrospectives.
- Executes capability tests per test or development team instructions.
- Assist with proposal development, if necessary.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Three (3) years related experience.
- Knowledge of hardware, software, and network connectivity.
- Demonstrate a methodical approach to work activities.
- Possess a strong attention to detail.
- Communicate (verbal and written) effectively with teams, peers, and management.
- Create or modify documentation (i.e. process, procedures, standards, etc.)
- Experience with Windows workstation or server platform and Office Suite.
- Familiarity with the following:
- SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL RDBMS, to include SQL.
- Open source web server and servlet containers (e.g. Apache Tomcat).
- Open source enterprise portlet projects (e.g. Liferay).
- Open source testing tools (e.g. Cucumber).
- Open source code repositories (e.g. Git).
- Business process modeling platforms (e.g
About the Organization Sawdey Solution Services, Inc., with an ISO 9001/ISO 14001 certified and CMMI-SVC v1.3 Level 3 appraised corporate headquarters, has built a nationwide and global footprint providing innovative cross-disciplined professional services, engineering, and cyber solutions to Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, Federal Agencies, and commercial customers. Operating successfully since 2001, we are a Woman Owned/Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business.
EOE Statement Sawdey Solution Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Disabled-Veterans-41 CFR 60 1.4 and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, or veteran status.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Employer’s Job# INF-20-00050
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement..