Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Deerfield, IL 60015
Position Title: Risk Analyst
Position Number: 342478
Location: Deerfield, IL 60015
Position Type: Temporary
Required Skill Set:
Accounting, Insurance, Risk Analysis
C2C is not available
Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.
Job Title: Risk Analyst
Contract Start: ASAP
Duration or End Date: 1/16/2021
Location: Deerfield, IL 60015
Department: Risk Management & Insurance (Treasury)
Responsibilities include supporting the Corporate Risk Management function within Treasury. Primary focus includes assisting in the day-to-day operations supporting Baxter’’s worldwide corporate insurance programs. Operates independently within own scope of responsibility under general supervision. Participates in departmental projects. Responsible for completing project tasks within deadlines. Develops recommendations for review by management and implements process change and improvements. Adheres to and proactively keeps apprised of policies and procedures and recommends changes to existing policies and programs. This position reports to the Director, Global Risk Management.
The incumbent will perform other duties assigned.
• This position is responsible for basic accounting activities relating to month-end closing activities including preparation of invoices, completion of monthly expense accounting, consolidation of plan and forecast process. Assist in the completion of the annual insurance expense plan and short- and long-term forecasts. Prepare bridges and explanations for variances. Position ensures proper accounting treatment and internal controls are in place for business processes for Risk Management
• Review, analyze, and evaluate various actuarial analyses of historical loss data to facilitate accurate adjustments to the Company’’s insurance reserves
• Ensure compliance with all Sarbanes-Oxley on key audit indicators including compliance of Third Party i vendor and escheatment process
• Lead Certificate of Insurance program
• Support the insurance underwriting data collection process. Collaborate with Sr Data Analyst to move collection process into systematic process
• Lead the Workers Compensation State filing process
• Review and approve insurance contract wording within established guidelines
• Supports the departments RMIS system, Riskonnect. Imports policies and maintains the policy compliance program. Maintenance of insurance policy matrix. Maintain insurance asset maps and schedules which detail the insurance coverage for all policy years. Perform on-going reviews of insurance policy deductible and limit exhaustions within RMIS system. Provide design, implementation and day-to-day support on the Risk Management Information Systems (RMIS), assist in report development and system enhancements
• Support the design, development and distribution of risk and insurance information, presentations, reports, bench-marking and metrics. Coordinate activities related to the annual insurance renewal process including the issuance of insurance binders, invoices policies and endorsements
• Updates and creates policies and SOP’’s for the process department specialist position
• Lead Central Repository Filing and Records Retention Compliance
• Various admin duties which include manage department mail, coordinate underwriting meetings which includes meeting management, guest registrations, travel coordination and itinerary creation, electronic scanning and filing of archived insurance policies. Create process to transfer all physical policies into electronic policies
• Drive process improvement and efficiencies for the Risk Management department. Support the communication of global risk management philosophy and programs and interface with various levels within the organization.
• Assist with ad hoc projects as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. List knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
• Good understanding of corporate insurance and risk management
• Excellent time management, organizational skills, flexible and detail oriented
• Good communication and strong interpersonal skills
• Eagerness to learn and continuously improve
• Ability to complete tasks with minimal direction from manager and/or supervisor
• Independently identify and recommend solutions/process improvements
• Personal accountability for results and integrity
• Ability and desire to work in a team environment
• Demonstration of key finance competencies
Education / Experience
• Bachelor’’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, related field or country equivalent
• At least 3 to 5 years of recent and relevant experience
• Microsoft: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook; RMIS systems is a plus
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify). (Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)