Performance Attribution Analyst
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60606
Guggenheim is seeking an organized and detail-oriented candidate to join its Performance Attribution Team. Reporting to the Vice President of Attribution, this person will be part of Guggenheim Investments middle office responsible for performance attribution and reporting processes for diverse portfolio strategies including fixed income, equity and derivative assets. They will also provide investment performance analysis and support to Portfolio Management, Marketing, Distribution as well as internal consultants and other business partners. In addition to strong problem solving skills, the ideal candidate will be extremely thorough while having the confidence and communication skills to interact with various departments and levels of management within the company.
We seek a candidate who problem solves and takes initiative. The role requires a detailed individual who thrives in a deadline driven environment and is team-oriented and collaborative to deliver on work projects.
- Provide investment performance attribution for clients, portfolio management, distribution, portfolio construction and other business partners across Guggenheim Investments.
- Review all attribution reports for reasonability. Become comfortable digging into security level returns and proving out any large outliers to explain performance to portfolio managers and/or clients service representatives.
- Provide analysis and interpretation of portfolio performance that identifies the factors, which affect this performance such as industry, interest rates, credit spread, security selection, quality.
- Understand key economic indicators and be able to analyze/explain portfolio attribution with bigger economic picture in mind.
- Reconcile data between systems to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Manage the daily benchmark security level feeds to ensure all data is being loaded into the system accurately and that it rolls up to the total level benchmark returns.
- Develop, create controls around, and deploy reports into production cycle. Proactively identify upstream issues that affect attribution results and work closely with other Operations team members to resolve these issues in a timely manner.
- Assist with implementation of a new attribution system.
- Respond to internal/external ad hoc requests.
- Perform project work as required.
- Perform project work as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-3 years of investment performance and/or investment accounting experience preferred
- Pursuing CFA, CPA and/or CIPM designation preferred
- Sound understanding of equities, fixed income securities and derivatives
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to operate in a deadline driven environment while still maintaining a strict attention to detail and ability to prioritize issues appropriately
- Demonstrate an ability to take initiative and critically analyze processes and procedures in a push toward constant improvement
- Must be hands-on and willing to roll up their sleeves to perform any and all responsibilities needed to ensure success
What You Can Expect From Us
- Collaborative environment, with honest and direct interactions
- Opportunity to develop, grow and learn the broader business
- Health and wellness programs through comprehensive and competitive benefits package
- Modern, conveniently-located facilities
- Community and corporate citizenship through volunteer time off and matching gift programs
Guggenheim Guiding Principles
Stewardship, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Talent
About the Firm
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
Apply Here: https://www.Click2Apply.net/hzwvyk2tsjrrwc4b