Project Controls Support - Scheduler/Planner (cont
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Batavia, IL 60185
JOB TITLE: Project Controls Support – Scheduler/Planner (contingent)
LOCATION: Batavia, IL
SUMMARY: This position is for project controls candidates with a strong Primavera P6 scheduling background. This is for a full-time position for at least 1-year onsite with the client in the Chicago area in support of large-capital construction projects.
Schedulers will support the development/maintenance of the time-phased, resource-loaded Primavera Schedules for each technical area to which they will be assigned. Scheduling support will include the management of progress updates, critical path analysis and implementation of formal changes to their respective WBS elements within the DWS. The SMP and Schedules are developed and maintained using Primavera P6 software. The client utilizes these schedules to report on the overall project status using standard Earned Value Management Techniques.
We are looking for Schedulers with 3+ years of experience, preferably on construction projects and as part of a team of schedulers – either as a Master Scheduler or an individual contributor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
We are looking for schedulers with the following experience:
- Development of EPS structures to allow effective integration of Main Contractor and supplier schedules to form a single critical path on Very Large Projects
- Definition of schedule requirements (coding etc) to allow effective automatic integration within Primavera
- Development and implementation of schedule statusing processes allowing multiple parties (main contractor and subcontractors) to update status remotely using Web Based access to Primavera
- Earned Value reporting systems applied to very large projects
- Management of complex integrated schedules in the Primavera P6 EPS environment
- Development and implementation of change control processes suitable for the above environment
- Integration of Primavera with other Project Management software packages such as Cobra, Pertmaster, and accounting systems
- Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-5+ years of experience in Primavera Scheduling
- Preferably construction experience – this can be civil construction, oil/gas, nuclear, or other similar large-capital project experience
- Large-scale schedule development experience (at least 3000-5000+ activity networks) is strongly desired
- Proven ability to status schedules, develop reports, perform schedule analysis
- Familiarity with schedule change control processes
- Experience working on a scheduling team, either as a scheduler or lead-scheduler
- Experience with ANSI/EIA-748 is strongly desired
- Experience with DOE-413 (“Program and Project Management for the Acquisition of Capital Assets”) is a plus
- Experience with Earned Value Management (EVM) is a plus
- Experience with Deltek Cobra cost processor is a plus
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Must be a self-starter, detail oriented, able to support multiple projects, possess excellent communication skills, work well within a team, and interact with multiple levels of management
- Skilled in operating a personal computer and standard office equipment
- Must have proficiency in a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, (MS Office: Project, Word, Excel, Outlook)
Note: This position is contingent upon contract award.
BCF Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. EOE AA Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities. BCF also maintains a drug-free workplace.